Author Topic: Xanax - Last Pill, When Should I Jump?  (Read 916 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Xanax - Last Pill, When Should I Jump?
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2022, 02:06:23 am »
Thanks [...].  :)
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2022, 01:27:20 pm »
Gitfiddle, I am right there with you. This is my last week Im going to jump May 1 (reserving the right to change my mind as the event draws near)  I have no idea what my dose is - a wet pinky finger picking up powder Ive shave off all the previous weeks.

I can see how your other meds can add to the stress! Im really glad its getting sorted out. Im pulling for ya, girl! xo
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2022, 10:07:14 pm »
I have no idea what my dose is - a wet pinky finger picking up powder Ive shave off all the previous weeks.
😆 Congratulations [...]!. I canít believe how fast you tapered. Youíre a rockstar!  Iím getting impatient with moving at a snails pace and youíve inspired me  to speed this up a bit. Iím so  ready to be done with it. Please keep me posted how youíre doing.

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2022, 06:41:33 pm »
Hi Gitfiddle and [...],
How were your symptoms as you were tapering?
Congratulations to you both!

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2022, 07:33:19 pm »
Hi [...], My symptoms were probably a little worse when I first started my taper.  Fatigue, anxiety bordering on panic,  irritability, minor dizzy spells,  insomnia, feeling edgy-jumpy. Symptoms were worse the first few days after each cut and settled down after a week or so. 

My situation was unique though because I didnít know until the very end of my taper,  which was a month ago, that Iíve been highly overmedicated on my thyroid medication for the last 6 years.  As soon as I reduced my T meds my anxiety and tension eased up quite a bit.  Also, I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome so between that and being overmedicated itís hard to know how many symptoms can be attributed to Xanax tolerance and withdrawal.

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2022, 08:17:19 pm »
Sorry to hear about the overmedication on thyroid, Iíve taken thyroid medication and when itís off, it is very similiar to withdrawals.  Iím glad you caught it as Iím well aware how important it is to have your thyroid balanced.   Iím trying to following your tapering chart, thanks for the response.

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2022, 09:00:25 pm »
Wishing you great success [...]!  :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2022, 02:32:15 am »
Hi Gitfiddle and [...],
How were your symptoms as you were tapering?
Congratulations to you both!

Hi [...]!

I jumped 3 days ago and I am doing very well. My taper symptoms were mostly tinnitus, some insomnia - not every night, restless leg syndrome (the most annoying TBH) mild paranoia and an odd kind of hallucination - like mistaking a thing for something else. During my taper, I would drop down to a level of anxiety I could tolerate. I would have a little difficulty in focusing but it was not keeping me from doing basic life. Once I didnt notice those things Id drop again. I loosely followed the 45 day Benzo taper because I felt that for me, Ashton was too long; I dry cut, never used liquid tritiation. My last doses were literally a wet pinky finger of powder I had shaved in the weeks previous. also - at the end I didnt have a dosing schedule. I would take the tiniest amount when I felt like I needed it to prevent a full blown anxiety attack. I stayed in that place about a week. Thats how I knew to jump. I just didnt need it.

One thing I think really helped in taper. I was very physically active. I would hake 5-7 miles almost every day and hard ones too. Lots of climbing, jumping on rocks and logs to cross creeks, etc.  At the beginning my legs felt weird (they call it jelly legs) but its a sensation not a reality and once I figured that out I just kept going and it went away.

YOU CAN DO THIS

I was terrified at the beginning.

I know it could get weird ahead as recovery is non linear but I think its going to be okay.

good luck, friend.

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2022, 09:36:29 am »
[...], a massive congrats to you on your jump!  All the best to you - well done!!    :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2022, 12:56:54 pm »
[...], a massive congrats to you on your jump!  All the best to you - well done!!    :thumbsup:

Thank you! I could never thank you and [...] enough. At the darkest moment, you answered the call. I will never forget that.   :)