Author Topic: Xanax - Last Pill, When Should I Jump?  (Read 917 times)

[Buddie]

Xanax - Last Pill, When Should I Jump?
« on: March 13, 2022, 12:31:20 am »
Hello Buddies.  Iím down to my last .125  dose at night. Iíve successfully dry cut and want to continue with this method.   I use a jewel scale and a razor.

Iím thinking about starting the last leg of this by cutting it by 1/4 and after adjusting  just scratching off a couple nicks at a time.   

What would you suggest would be a good jumping point?   ::)

Thank you in advance. 
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Xanax - Last Pill, When Should I Jump?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2022, 01:09:34 am »
How has it been going lately, have your symptoms increased as you've gotten lower in dose?  Have they been manageable?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2022, 01:33:04 am »
[...],  Itís going well thanks.   I took a several month break when I was down to 2 doses - .125 morning and evening.  I think the long break was good as it gave my system a chance to really adjust.  A month ago I started weaning off the morning dose and Iím on day 3 of not taking the am dose.  A bit sketchy - some muscle tension and what not at first - plus a few dizzy spells but overall not too bad.   Iíll plan to start weaning the last pill in a couple weeks if things go well and I feel stable.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2022, 03:34:37 am »
Hi [...] I am right behind you! im at .125 2x daily and was planning to drop down again Tuesday but your words about giving the system a chance to adjust resonates with me, although it feels like Im going to be okay. You are doing great - your symptoms sound mild-very encouraging. I wish you much luck in the weeks ahead for an easy jump.

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2022, 10:46:45 am »
I'll share my experience with you.  I tapered from clonazepam 3mg/day total dose to 0.25mg.  I tried jumping at the 0.25mg and failed.  I think anxiety about jumping from that dose was part of the problem because I didn't feel confident I had gone low enough.  I reinstated and tapered to 0.01mg, jumped from there, and did fine.  I think for me one of the ingredients for jumping was feeling reasonably confident that I had tapered far enough for me.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2022, 10:55:10 am by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2022, 04:19:58 pm »
Hi [...] I am right behind you! im at .125 2x daily and was planning to drop down again Tuesday but your words about giving the system a chance to adjust resonates with me, although it feels like Im going to be okay. You are doing great - your symptoms sound mild-very encouraging. I wish you much luck in the weeks ahead for an easy jump.
Thanks [...].  I'm holding good thoughts for you too!  please keep me posted!  :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2022, 04:21:19 pm »
I'll share my experience with you.  I tapered from clonazepam 3mg/day total dose to 0.25mg.  I tried jumping at the 0.25mg and failed.  I think anxiety about jumping from that dose was part of the problem because I didn't feel confident I had gone low enough.  I reinstated and tapered to 0.01mg, jumped from there, and did fine.  I think for me one of the ingredients for jumping was feeling reasonably confident that I had tapered far enough for me.
Thank you [...].   That's good advice.   I think I'll keep scratching slowly away at it till I hardly notice it's gone. :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2022, 09:18:42 pm »
Just updating my progress.  I'm now down to .0625 at night and plan to to halve it to .03 next week if I'm doing okay.  After that  I'll probably hold it for a few days and then start shaving off bits each night till it's dust.

This week has been extra challenging because I found out I've been totally over medicated on my thyroid meds for more than 6 years.   That has been hugely contributed to my anxiety!   As soon as I cut back on my Cytomel I started feeling calmer which sure helps with this last leg of my taper.   But,  I'm also weaning off my estrogen - so all those hormone changes along with the xanax taper have been pretty interesting.  :idiot:

[...] - How are you doing?

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2022, 11:27:54 pm »
Xanax, estrogen and Cytomel, oh my!  Interesting is a pretty mild term for what you've had going on.  :o

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2022, 11:51:29 pm »
No doubt you feel better with the reduced thyroid med dose - I am so glad someone recognized this and corrected it!  I've been hypothyroid and hyperthyroid and neither feels good.  You seem to be managing your taper well Gitfiddle51, paying attention to your symptoms and life events and making adjustments when necessary.  Good job.   :thumbsup: