Author Topic: Xanax to Kpin  (Read 299 times)

[Buddie]

Xanax to Kpin
« on: March 12, 2022, 01:52:19 pm »
Is it safe to switch directly from my dose (usually 1-1.5mg xanax/day) to the same dosage of Kpin without doing it gradually and just directly switching? My doctor is assuring me it is but I still have hesitation.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Xanax to Kpin
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2022, 02:13:04 pm »
They're listed as equivalent, so you should be okay but why not do it in two stages if you're nervous about it? 

If you're interested in tapering off of the Xanax, I would suggest you get on a consistent dose, you say you take 1-1.5 mgs of Xanax a day so whatever you decide to do about the Klonopin, I'd get on a consistent dose for a couple of weeks before beginning your taper.  Maybe in the 1-1.25 range?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2022, 05:07:37 pm »
That totally makes sense, I'll try to get more consistent on the Kpin. Thanks!

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2022, 06:33:05 pm »
And just to clarify, by two stages do you mean it is okay to take the xanax and kpin in the same day?

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2022, 06:36:14 pm »
Yes, Professor Ashton pioneered withdrawing from one while introducing another so I don't see why you couldn't do this with your medications as long as you don't go over your dose.