Cyproheptadine

[gr...]

Has anyone used Cyproheptadine?  It is an antihistamine. I have read on other sites that  people have used it for sleep but it also helped  with calming the following day.  I have read that it lowers seratonin, which is probably good considering our seratonin levels are probably elevated  during withdrawal.    Thank you!! :)

serotonin is def NOT elevated during withdrawal. Most ppl find themselves in a crushing depression. In addition the lack of sleep most ppl experience can indicate low or inaccessible melatonin, and serotonin is a pre-cursor to it.

some ppl in benzo recovery cannot take antihistamines due to med sensitivities, so its person specific. :)

Benzos lower seratonin levels. When you are tapering those seratonin levels begin to rise and can cause problems for some people. Seratonin is known to cause anxiety in some people..

Oh I agree benzos lower it..mine was an 11 at one point...I'm now back at a normal range of 70.

I'm thinking serotonin rising again(trying to get back to normal) can be aggravating on the CNS as it adapts - as any chemical change we seem to feel them all. :)