Author Topic: Help with Lorazepam to Valium crossover  (Read 295 times)

[Buddie]

Help with Lorazepam to Valium crossover
« on: February 24, 2022, 06:17:04 pm »
Hello

I was given Lorazepam 1mg daily for 4 consecutive weeks in hospital, sometimes twice per day.

When it was acknowledged that I was withdrawing after leaving hospital (unbearable symptoms 3 days after leaving hospital) I was given Diazepam, but told that 1mg is the equivalent of 5mg Diazepam 😑

I took 4mg for a few days then onto 2mg with flu like symptoms.

I tried to come off 2mg cold turkey and it did not go well. I am only beginning to re stabilise on 2mg now, and Iím so glad Iíve found this group to help me plan and taper off completely.

I wish you all the best, you WILL do this.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Help with Lorazepam to Valium crossover
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2022, 11:06:43 pm »
Hello [...],

I moved your post from another members thread so you could have one of your own to discuss your taper, do you still need our help?

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2022, 08:01:23 am »
Hello

Yes, I still require some help, please.

I am now experiencing severe eye pain and sensitivity.

I too, am on Zolpidem 5mg.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2022, 11:01:26 am »
[...],

In order to better help you, it would be helpful if you would add your history/signature.  Please add it for Zolpidem and any other psych drugs you are on that may affect your taper.  Here is the link:

Add your history/signature

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2022, 01:18:07 pm »
Hi Hoeful247, I'm glad you're back, we can help you but as [...] said it will help us help you if we can see all of your information at a glance instead of looking back through your posts.  If you have trouble doing this, just put your information here and a team member can do it for you.

Are your pills the 2 mg and how long have you been on the Zolpidem?