DLMT valium

[0b...]

[0b...]

Hello,

I’m interested in doing a DLMT from Valium. I take my Valium in liquid form already (1mg/1ml) - this is compounded using a specific formula that was kindly shared by another member on this board and is used my compounding pharmacy. The liquid works well for me. I have tried plugging the number into the following website: http://benzo.alwaysdata.net/

I do not need to dissolve tablets so I’m unsure how to use that website to get accurate doses. Also when it says something like 2.345 I am unsure how to measure that dose. I am currently on 14.75 mgs of Valium taken 3x per day. 2.5 mg at 10am, 2.25 mg at 4pm and 10mg taken at 10pm. If anyone could help I would be forever grateful. Thank you

Hi blessthismess,

I am very good with math and can help you. 

Here are some typical options when starting at 14.75 mg:

(1) Reduce 0.07mg every day.  That is an initial reduction of about 0.5%. 

(2) Reduce 0.7mg and then hold for 10 days before doing it again.  That is an initial reduction of about 5%. 

For either method, I will have you journal your symptoms daily.  As long as your symptoms are tolerable, you will stay at this reduction rate.  If your daily journal starts to show an increase in symptoms, we will slow things down.

Please tell me two things:

(1) Exactly how your are creating your 3 doses right now

(2) How you want to taper

Bob

[0b...]

Hi Bob -

Thank you so much for the kind response. I am not doing well with my recent Updose and need to come off Valium.

1. I take my doses in liquid 1mg/1ml compounded suspension. Made by the same person everytime. I take 2.5 mgs at 10 am, 2.25 mgs at 4 pm and 10 mgs at 10pm.

2. I did a cut and hold taper last time and it seemed to work - I cut 0.25 mgs 10 days ago with no noticeable symtoms. I would like to try a daily taper, as maybe it’s easier? I’m very open to any suggestions. I have been on the higher dose for 5 weeks so maybe I don’t need to drag this out? I am unsure. Thank you 

So to help you, I need to understand how you get your doses.

Do you use a syringe?  That is, to eat 2.5mg at 10am, do you measure 2.5mL with a syringe and squirt into the mouth?

Hello,

I’m interested in doing a DLMT from Valium. I take my Valium in liquid form already (1mg/1ml) - this is compounded using a specific formula that was kindly shared by another member on this board and is used my compounding pharmacy. The liquid works well for me. I have tried plugging the number into the following website: http://benzo.alwaysdata.net/

I do not need to dissolve tablets so I’m unsure how to use that website to get accurate doses. Also when it says something like 2.345 I am unsure how to measure that dose. I am currently on 14.75 mgs of Valium taken 3x per day. 2.5 mg at 10am, 2.25 mg at 4pm and 10mg taken at 10pm. If anyone could help I would be forever grateful. Thank you

Hi blessthismess

I'm so glad Bob7 has responded to you. He has a wealth of knowledge on tapering and maths. I will never be able to match him!

Just wanted to say if you ever wanted help in navigating the online calculator for your liquid, I can talk you through it. I can only navigate the calculator, I can't do maths like Bob7 worked it out for you. I suggest if you want help with the calculator, to start a new thread for that, so I don't derail the help Bob7 is giving you here. I think his help will be very beneficial.

[0b...]
Thank you both so much. I have only been at my higher dose for 5 weeks. I am maybe a little hopeful I can speed this up, but maybe not! I take the doses via syringe. I have all sorts of syringes, one big one for the 10mg dose. A second small one for the 2mg doses and then an even smaller one for the 0.25 mg dose. I am not sure how to add a photo but they are orange syringes that the pharmacy gives me. Thank you

It is getting late so I will help you more tomorrow.

Do I trust you want to reduce 0.07mg every day.  That is an initial reduction of about 0.5%.

[0b...]

Hi Bob -

1. That would be 0.5mgs

2. I didn’t answer you other question - I shoot the liquid into my

Mouth with a syringe.

Thank you

0.5mg is a nice 3.4% reduction.

I then recommend you hold that dose for at least a week or until your symptoms are tolerable, whichever is longer.

Do you have any questions for me?

It depends on what symptoms are the worse.

If insomnia is your biggest problem, then keep the bedtime dose the strongest.

I found, if I could get a good night of sleep, I could handle any daytime issues.  So I took all my benzo for bedtime help with sleep.  Sometimes I would take 1/2 of it before bed and the other 1/2 if I wake up too early and want more sleep.

[0b...]

Thank you so much for your help Bob I really appreciate it. I think I will remove it from the am dose as it’s easiest at that time of day. Will work on the afternoon dose after that, then leave the bedtime

Dose for last. Again, thank you. I will come back here once I reduce the 0.5 to report anything. Thank you!!

• 5 weeks later...
[0b...]

Hi Bob -

Had been two weeks since removing the 0.5 from the am dose. Nothing exciting to report, I will call this WD normal, feeling the same no worse no better. I am now at 13.75 mgs Valium. 1.5 at 10am, 2.25 mg at 4pm and 10mg at 10pm. I am functional, I feel off but that’s to be expected. I am now wondering where to take the next 0.5 from? Should I be evening out the doses. I do sleep well, nothing exciting to report there, some early wakings but that’s normal. I am just wondering if I should move the doses or which dose to remove from? Thank you Bob  :)

I am very bias so take this with a grain of salt.

I felt, as long as I got a good night of sleep, I had the strength to deal with daytime symptoms.

So I took all my doses around the sleep.  Perhaps 1/2 at bed and 1/4 when I wake up in the middle of the night and 1/4 when I wake up too early and want another 2 hours of rest.

Benzos stay in the blood a long time.  In general, as long as I took my entire dose somewhere in the 24 hour period, I was fine.

You need to journal what is working for you and apply it.

Everyone is different.

• 1 month later...

I am very bias so take this with a grain of salt.

I felt, as long as I got a good night of sleep, I had the strength to deal with daytime symptoms.

So I took all my doses around the sleep.  Perhaps 1/2 at bed and 1/4 when I wake up in the middle of the night and 1/4 when I wake up too early and want another 2 hours of rest.

Benzos stay in the blood a long time.  In general, as long as I took my entire dose somewhere in the 24 hour period, I was fine.

You need to journal what is working for you and apply it.

Everyone is different.

Hi Bob7,

I'm reading your response and just wanted to ask something, i've been so hung up on the timing of my doses instead of my symptoms so are you saying as long as the whole dose is consumed within the 24 hrs it should be okay to take it whenever so long as I feel ok? For example I will suffer through symptoms to make it to my 4pm dose instead of taking it before my symptoms get bad. Then that makes me feel like this valium will never even out in my system. I also wake myself out of sleep to take my nighttime 10:30pm dose and I would rather not break my sleep. Should I be fine adjusting my times according to how my body feels vs a set in stone time schedule?

Everyone is different so it is hard to say.

But I will say two things.

Yes, in my opinion, I think the drug stays in your system long enough so you should not be so intense about taking it more than once or twice a day.  In particular, setting an alarm clock to wake yourself out of sleep might be overboard.

Also, for me, my biggest issue was sleep.  So I would take all my benzo before bed or sometimes, half my benzo at bed and the other half in the middle of the night if I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep.  Benzos act so fast that even if you wait to take your drug until you need it, it will kick in quick.