Author Topic: DLMT valium  (Read 539 times)

[Buddie]

Re: DLMT valium
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2022, 08:33:52 pm »
0.5mg is a nice 3.4% reduction.
I then recommend you hold that dose for at least a week or until your symptoms are tolerable, whichever is longer.
Do you have any questions for me?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2022, 09:49:34 pm »
Which dose is best to remove the 0.5 mg from? Should I spread it across the day time doses? Thank you again
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2022, 10:02:32 pm »
It depends on what symptoms are the worse.

If insomnia is your biggest problem, then keep the bedtime dose the strongest.

I found, if I could get a good night of sleep, I could handle any daytime issues.  So I took all my benzo for bedtime help with sleep.  Sometimes I would take 1/2 of it before bed and the other 1/2 if I wake up too early and want more sleep.

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2022, 11:35:02 pm »
Thank you so much for your help Bob I really appreciate it. I think I will remove it from the am dose as itís easiest at that time of day. Will work on the afternoon dose after that, then leave the bedtime
Dose for last. Again, thank you. I will come back here once I reduce the 0.5 to report anything. Thank you!!

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2022, 12:06:03 am »
Hi Bob -

Had been two weeks since removing the 0.5 from the am dose. Nothing exciting to report, I will call this WD normal, feeling the same no worse no better. I am now at 13.75 mgs Valium. 1.5 at 10am, 2.25 mg at 4pm and 10mg at 10pm. I am functional, I feel off but thatís to be expected. I am now wondering where to take the next 0.5 from? Should I be evening out the doses. I do sleep well, nothing exciting to report there, some early wakings but thatís normal. I am just wondering if I should move the doses or which dose to remove from? Thank you Bob  :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2022, 01:29:20 am »
I am very bias so take this with a grain of salt.
I felt, as long as I got a good night of sleep, I had the strength to deal with daytime symptoms.
So I took all my doses around the sleep.  Perhaps 1/2 at bed and 1/4 when I wake up in the middle of the night and 1/4 when I wake up too early and want another 2 hours of rest.
Benzos stay in the blood a long time.  In general, as long as I took my entire dose somewhere in the 24 hour period, I was fine.
You need to journal what is working for you and apply it.
Everyone is different.

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2022, 07:43:05 pm »
I am very bias so take this with a grain of salt.
I felt, as long as I got a good night of sleep, I had the strength to deal with daytime symptoms.
So I took all my doses around the sleep.  Perhaps 1/2 at bed and 1/4 when I wake up in the middle of the night and 1/4 when I wake up too early and want another 2 hours of rest.
Benzos stay in the blood a long time.  In general, as long as I took my entire dose somewhere in the 24 hour period, I was fine.
You need to journal what is working for you and apply it.
Everyone is different.

Hi [...],

I'm reading your response and just wanted to ask something, i've been so hung up on the timing of my doses instead of my symptoms so are you saying as long as the whole dose is consumed within the 24 hrs it should be okay to take it whenever so long as I feel ok? For example I will suffer through symptoms to make it to my 4pm dose instead of taking it before my symptoms get bad. Then that makes me feel like this valium will never even out in my system. I also wake myself out of sleep to take my nighttime 10:30pm dose and I would rather not break my sleep. Should I be fine adjusting my times according to how my body feels vs a set in stone time schedule?

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2022, 07:52:18 pm »
Everyone is different so it is hard to say.

But I will say two things.

Yes, in my opinion, I think the drug stays in your system long enough so you should not be so intense about taking it more than once or twice a day.  In particular, setting an alarm clock to wake yourself out of sleep might be overboard.

Also, for me, my biggest issue was sleep.  So I would take all my benzo before bed or sometimes, half my benzo at bed and the other half in the middle of the night if I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep.  Benzos act so fast that even if you wait to take your drug until you need it, it will kick in quick.