Author Topic: DLMT valium  (Read 533 times)

[Buddie]

DLMT valium
« on: March 10, 2022, 04:47:36 am »
Hello,

Iím interested in doing a DLMT from Valium. I take my Valium in liquid form already (1mg/1ml) - this is compounded using a specific formula that was kindly shared by another member on this board and is used my compounding pharmacy. The liquid works well for me. I have tried plugging the number into the following website: http://benzo.alwaysdata.net/

I do not need to dissolve tablets so Iím unsure how to use that website to get accurate doses. Also when it says something like 2.345 I am unsure how to measure that dose. I am currently on 14.75 mgs of Valium taken 3x per day. 2.5 mg at 10am, 2.25 mg at 4pm and 10mg taken at 10pm. If anyone could help I would be forever grateful. Thank you
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: DLMT valium
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2022, 05:18:48 pm »
Hi [...],

I am very good with math and can help you. 

Here are some typical options when starting at 14.75 mg:
     (1) Reduce 0.07mg every day.  That is an initial reduction of about 0.5%. 
     (2) Reduce 0.7mg and then hold for 10 days before doing it again.  That is an initial reduction of about 5%. 

For either method, I will have you journal your symptoms daily.  As long as your symptoms are tolerable, you will stay at this reduction rate.  If your daily journal starts to show an increase in symptoms, we will slow things down.

Please tell me two things:
(1) Exactly how your are creating your 3 doses right now
(2) How you want to taper

Bob
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2022, 08:47:34 pm »
Hi Bob -

Thank you so much for the kind response. I am not doing well with my recent Updose and need to come off Valium.

1. I take my doses in liquid 1mg/1ml compounded suspension. Made by the same person everytime. I take 2.5 mgs at 10 am, 2.25 mgs at 4 pm and 10 mgs at 10pm.
2. I did a cut and hold taper last time and it seemed to work - I cut 0.25 mgs 10 days ago with no noticeable symtoms. I would like to try a daily taper, as maybe itís easier? Iím very open to any suggestions. I have been on the higher dose for 5 weeks so maybe I donít need to drag this out? I am unsure. Thank you 

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2022, 09:13:43 pm »
So to help you, I need to understand how you get your doses.

Do you use a syringe?  That is, to eat 2.5mg at 10am, do you measure 2.5mL with a syringe and squirt into the mouth?

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2022, 11:35:18 pm »
Hello,

Iím interested in doing a DLMT from Valium. I take my Valium in liquid form already (1mg/1ml) - this is compounded using a specific formula that was kindly shared by another member on this board and is used my compounding pharmacy. The liquid works well for me. I have tried plugging the number into the following website: http://benzo.alwaysdata.net/

I do not need to dissolve tablets so Iím unsure how to use that website to get accurate doses. Also when it says something like 2.345 I am unsure how to measure that dose. I am currently on 14.75 mgs of Valium taken 3x per day. 2.5 mg at 10am, 2.25 mg at 4pm and 10mg taken at 10pm. If anyone could help I would be forever grateful. Thank you

Hi [...]

I'm so glad [...] has responded to you. He has a wealth of knowledge on tapering and maths. I will never be able to match him!

Just wanted to say if you ever wanted help in navigating the online calculator for your liquid, I can talk you through it. I can only navigate the calculator, I can't do maths like [...] worked it out for you. I suggest if you want help with the calculator, to start a new thread for that, so I don't derail the help [...] is giving you here. I think his help will be very beneficial.

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2022, 03:25:32 am »
Thank you both so much. I have only been at my higher dose for 5 weeks. I am maybe a little hopeful I can speed this up, but maybe not! I take the doses via syringe. I have all sorts of syringes, one big one for the 10mg dose. A second small one for the 2mg doses and then an even smaller one for the 0.25 mg dose. I am not sure how to add a photo but they are orange syringes that the pharmacy gives me. Thank you

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2022, 03:35:01 am »
It is getting late so I will help you more tomorrow.

Do I trust you want to reduce 0.07mg every day.  That is an initial reduction of about 0.5%.

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2022, 04:17:38 am »
Yes 0.5 was what I had planned for my next cut and hold. Thank you for your help!

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2022, 06:30:03 pm »
When you say 0.5, is that 0.5mg or 0.5%

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2022, 08:26:10 pm »
Hi Bob -

1. That would be 0.5mgs
2. I didnít answer you other question - I shoot the liquid into my
Mouth with a syringe.

Thank you