Author Topic: MRI tomorrow  (Read 391 times)

[Buddie]

MRI tomorrow
« on: March 09, 2022, 02:12:43 am »
My neurologist ordered a brain MRI, which insurance approved, and my appointment is tomorrow. She ordered the results of two previous brain MRIís I had in 2007 and 2009, before I was prescribed all of these psych meds and when my migraines went from episodic to chronic. She wants to compare them to the new one to see if Iíve had any changes in gray matter. This can occur from migraines but also from pharmaceuticals. Iím scared to see the results but also curious if we are prone to permanent brain damage. Who knows, it might turn out that my brain is healthier than it feels. Anyway, if anyone is interested in the results Iíll post the findings here as soon as I get them. Since my benzo withdrawal case is complicated by a neurological condition Iím not sure that I will get the answers I seek but at least Iíll know if I should continue to hope for a return to the former me.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: MRI tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2022, 04:43:43 am »
Did the neurologist do an ANA blood test to screen for auto antibody disorders?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: MRI tomorrow
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2022, 01:20:14 pm »
Pretty sure my last neurologist did. Heís the one that loaded me up on all the meds. Definitely something I could look into though.