I went SCUBA diving at 17 months off benzos

[Be...]

I was freaking out about going back to the sea, as my balance is still off after 10 yrs on Xanax. Felt much better in the last two months and decided it was time to go back underwater. I spent my life at sea and have more than 8000 dives. So I drove 3 hours to the airport, traveled 3 hours by plane to a tropical location and slept in a hotel. Today I put all my gear on the boat and sailed for an hour and a half in a very rough sea. I did a SCUBA dive for about one hour and felt incredibly good. Zero sea sickness and completely comfortable. After all this adventure I have body aches, but I feel relieved to have this important part of my life back. The is hope.

Wow, you put yourself to the test and you came out on the other side intact with a huge accomplishment and a return to your previous life, way to go!  :yippee:

Wow, you put yourself to the test and you came out on the other side intact with a huge accomplishment and a return to your previous life, way to go!  :yippee:

Thank you Pamster! I keep on pushing myself to live as normal as I can, but was really insecure on this one. We headed to the diving spot and all of a sudden there was an increase in wind strength and the boat started to roll crazily and I thought to myself "ok this is going to be a REAL test for my vestibular region". I am SO HAPPY. THANK YOU, THANK YOU!