Author Topic: Xanax to Valium  (Read 550 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Xanax to Valium
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2022, 05:26:02 pm »
[...], how is your Valium crossover going?

Hi [...]!

So far, so good. I'm currently at:

1 mg Xanax (Alprazolam generic) in the early morning.
-and-
.5 mg Xanax (Alprazolam generic) + 5 mg Valium (Diazepam generic) late morning.

Tomorrow (Tuesday 3/14) I will cut another .25 mgs off the Xanax, and my dose will look like this:
.25 mg Xanax (Alprazolam generic) + 10 mg Valium (Diazepam generic) late morning.
I will hold here for a few days and exchange the last .25 mg of this Xanax dose for a total of 20 mgs of Diazepam. Then I will start tapering the Diazepam. I bit unorthodox, but my doc won't prescribe more than 20 mgs of Diazepam per day (though they had no problem giving me 2 mgs of Xanax a day for as long as I live...).

I have windows where I can function, but still feel withdrawal symptoms off and on. I'm wondering if I shouldn't get rid of the Buspirone first, but don't want to complicate things.

Thanks for checking in. I hope you are doing well!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2022, 06:02:42 pm by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2022, 06:23:59 pm »
I'm glad things are going good, or not horrible.....which is good!  I will keep you posted on my next taper.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2022, 09:12:19 pm »
I'm glad things are going good, or not horrible.....which is good!  I will keep you posted on my next taper.

Thanks! Looking forward to hearing some good news about your taper. I'll update as things happen, too.  :thumbsup: