Author Topic: GABAergic Polydrug User Success Story  (Read 1979 times)

[Buddie]

Re: GABAergic Polydrug User Success Story
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2022, 10:39:33 pm »

I also admit that I lied about my use when I came to this forum for the first time. I never wanted to mention that I was abusing other stuff because I felt like most people here were using only benzos as per doctor's orders. But I know there are others like me out there.

I didn't tell anyone about my abuse of Klonopin when I first came to the forum but now I feel if I can offer hope to those like me then its worth a little discomfort.

Thank you for writing your success story because you are.  :thumbsup:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2022, 01:40:34 pm »
Great story. I'm curious how you're doing now? Have all the symptoms gone?

Congratulations on your recovery - I think going and staying with your Mum to heal was a prudent decision.

I think minimizing stress in the early part of withdrawal is essential to a speedy recovery.

Yes, all symptoms are gone, which does not mean my life is only rainbows and sunshine now. It is still an unending series of complications, but I can now deal with those complications head-on without the need for any drugs. And for the first time in a long time, I feel like I'm developing myself, which did not happen at all (in fact, the opposite happened) when I was using drugs.

As for minimizing stress, I indeed had multiple "blessings" that might have led to my speedy recovery. Namely:
1) I knew what was happening to me when this hit (I knew this thing existed). I also have a degree in psychology, so I had more tools to detect and rationalize these symptoms. I even had a particular curiosity there, like, "Oh, so this is how depersonalization feels like.Ē
2) I was not in a dire economic situation, and I did not have pressing responsibilities, such as kids.
3) I have a mom who is retired and was able to support me 24/7.

I can only imagine how it is for people who have kids or responsibilities or dire life situations when this hits. My heart goes out for those people.

Thank you for writing your success story because you are.  :thumbs-up:

Thank you for your help [...]. Your story was my main source of motivation  :smitten:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2022, 07:57:51 pm »
Thatís great man. Iím glad you are moving forward in the right direction :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2022, 04:13:15 pm »
How old are you OP? Just curious?
And I assume a male?

And wow. You are strong.
Thank you.

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2022, 02:42:46 pm »
 :) :thumbsup: :highfive:

Best in life to you! Thanks for your story.

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2022, 11:37:37 am »
How old are you OP? Just curious?
And I assume a male?

I'm 33
And yes, male :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2022, 08:33:25 pm »
 :thumbsup: