how to do a safe taper off 0.5mg clonazepam 3 times a day

[Mi...]

:-\:(:-[ :'( :'( :'( :'(Ineed help on what schedule i should do with tapering off 0.5mg 3 times a day, last year i was on 1mg 2 times a day tapered off then stopped because it was soooo hard, i dont know what doses at which times do i begin, i have been in a very bad state of mind for over a year, confused, faintish, head feels like moosh, disoriented, just head sick almost like my brain is failing me, or wanting to stop working, i can only describe it as having jello for a brain and with fingers mangling it, i feel im alone in all this as no doctor can find out whats wrong, i am told i am very healthy, but i was told even on a steady dose my body has come to tolerate the drug and in a steady withdrawal state, i just need to come off this medicine the fastest easiest safest way possible, can anyone help me make a plan to taper, PLEASE!!!!!!!

Once we hit tolerance, there really isn't any turning back and getting off benzos is the answer to healing and ultimately feeling better.  Tolerance happened to me also.  We encourage a slow taper from benzos with reductions of no more than 5-10% of your total dose every 2 weeks or so.  Going slow allows you to stay functional and minimizes withdrawl symptoms.  I do understand how miserable you feel because I felt that way also.

You asked for the "fastest safest way possible" but it's important to understand there isn't a fastest safest way for those of us who suffer with these medications, those two terms don't belong in the same sentence unfortunately.  The purpose of a taper is to hopefully minimize your symptoms as you withdraw from the drug because once you're off the drug there is still healing to be done so using the drug to help get there is the best way to go about this.

Lets talk this through okay, now that you're here and asking for help lets figure out the best way to do that.  We'll need to start with a few questions and a request.  If you could add your medication history into your signature that would help a great deal.  We'll be able to see at a glance what you've taken and for how long and also if you've taken it before, plus other medications, those are important too.  Here are the instructions but if you need help, you can put the info here and a team member can input it for you.  Add your history/signature 

What size are your pills and how long have you been on Clonazepam?

As Kate said, we've all been through this and understand how scary this is but you're here now and we'll help you get through this.