About to start alprazolam tapering

[Yo...]

Hi so just like I said my shrink recommended starting tapering alprazolam ( I take .5 mg 3 times a day ) .With gabatenin 300mg twice a day anyone has any advice or has done it ? Help appreciated 🙏

Is your doctor going to guide your taper or are you doing this on your own?  We suggest a slow taper from benzos with reductions in the 5-10% range of your total daily dose very two weeks or so and slower if necessary.  Going slow tends to allow you to stay functional and minimizes withdrawl symptoms.  We also suggest you only taper one of your meds at a time.  Have you done any looking at taper plans so that you have an idea of how you might want to go about this i.e. dry taoer versus liquid taper?

well my doctor just told me about gabapentin but did not provided any kind of information how to take it with alprozalam . Just said take gabapentin with xanax. thats why Im asking did anyone try that taper with gabapebtin before i start ?

are you saying the doctor is adding gabapentin? you could directly taper off the alprazolam without adding another med to detox from

I tapered directly off Alprazolam.  I used a scale and shaved 2.5% per week for a total of 10% per month.  I was dosing twice a day, I cut from my morning pill one week and the next week I would cut from my evening pill.  I found this tolerable.

From my experience,  I found it best not to take any additional drugs while cutting the doses.

Hope this helps!  Best of luck to you...