6 Months benzo free!!

[Se...]

Hi Everyone,

I haven't been around much lately, I guess thats a good sign.

For those I have not met I used clonazepam for 7 years, slowly moving up to 8mg through tolerance. My life was a mess and if I wasn't a zombie I would have cared. From November 1/09 to July 6th/10 I tapered, though I really had not much of a clue for most of my taper I found this forum and titrated off in the end.

After coming off I was slammed with fury for weeks and then it gradually started to lessen. Fast forward to today..I am 6 months off :yippee:

People would ask me if I was 100% healed and I would never say yes as I was afraid...that if I even said i was healed it would come back..it didnt though..and yes I am completely symptom free today.

Today I am enjoying life much more then I ever have, even before the benzos..this journey has taught me the value of "normal" and everyday I thank God for this day, that not so long ago I begged for him to take me is unbelievable to me now. I have mended fences that I neglected for years, rebuilt my career, and my heart is so full of gratitude.

If you were on the forum during my months of  insomnia, endless rls and other assorted terrors please know that it does get better, people used to tell me it would and I doubted it, especially in the bad times but it really does.

God Bless You, I wish you all relief and serenity,

Jacqueline

:yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING!!!!! CONGRATS!!! This is the highlight of my day hearing this. I am so VERY proud of you and you are such ann inspiration..you don't even know!! ENJOY EACH AND EVERY DAY!!!

:smitten:

Ashley

Congratulations Jacqueline!!  That is wonderful news!!

Thank you so much for coming back and sharing your recovery. It truly gives me hope to read the success stories!!

Happy 2011  :yippee:

Hi Jacqueline, congratulations my good friend, I am so happy to hear from you and so happy to hear you are 100% healed! This brings tears to my eyes. I am so glad you have your life back now and I wish you nothing but joy, peace, and happiness. Enjoy your beautiful healed life  :smitten: Thank you for coming back to share this story, it gives so many hope.

:yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

You have no idea how this post is just what I needed to hear tonight.

I was on Klonpin for 8 years on 4 mgs. 

I have questions, I hope you will answer.

How long was your taper?  Mine was in 10 weeks so I worry that has affected my outcome.

Are you on any other medicines? 

How do you sleep?  Do you have to take something to help, or has it normalized?

Sorry about all the questions, kind of feeling desperate tonight.

Wow, what an inspiration! Congratulations being symptom free!

Thank you for posting this update, it was fantastic to read  :yippee:

Thanks Serene - and so happy for you that you have your life back.  I know I wrote to you sometimes during our time on here - and you gave me much inspiration and encouragement.  I am 4 months benzo free and just waiting and praying and hoping that I will soon find my way back to my life.  Thanks for coming back and letting us know that you are well and happy - it helps those of us still fighting the battle. 

Love from Hoping2BFree

Hi Jacqueline..... aka Serene1.... WOW  congrads!!!!!  You have been an inspiration during my hubby's tapering... you were always so supportive in your words.. chatting and blogging....  My very very best to you... a wonderful and HAPPY NEW YEAR of NEW LIFE!!!  Love to you, Patty

I remember we use to talk about where we wanted to put the bullet...in the head or the heart....

:pokey:

I am very very happy for you.

sun