Losing some belly/gut fat, any tips??

[Ha...]

yeah, one of my next side missions,  is to lose some of this, I'm not that bad, and I'm still thin for most part

but a small reduction would be appreciated... so I deleted some things from my diet,  I hope it helps a bit 

mine's always been there to a degree, so I can't really blame it on Benzo Belly, just the way it is,  I'm 54 years old

5'11 and I weight 170 pounds ( just checked, I'm actually 3-4 pounds lighter than I was around Xmas)  :thumbsup:

I am not a dietitian or nutritionist, but have gathered some experience.

Maybe the best way (and there are several ways to lose fat) is to eat whole food plant based diet with minimal oil and fat content (so for example limited amount, if any, avocados, nuts and oils). There is a saying that the fat you eat is the fat you wear and it doesn’t exclude “healthy fats”. All animal products have non beneficial fat that can build up in the body.

Liver functioning plays a big part in belly fat so eating a lot of fresh veggies and fruit and drinking a lot of water is going to be beneficial. I would avoid harsh cleanses and overly restrictive diets since gut bacteria needs a versatile foods.

Good sources and recipes can be found from Dr. Greger, medical medium and the fiber solution -book. Best of luck!

my diet is fairly good and stable with no fast food, ( Last McDonalds I had was 4 years ago) it could be much better though, I drink lots of water daily already,and I try to get outside ( despite Agoraphobia/panic etc) everyday to move around,  I have 4-5 fruits veggies a day, I've also reduced my egg intake , and I try to eat healthy fats, but less of them, that's stuff I'm doing, but I suck at cooking/shopping etc, yup 10 months off today from the taper!! :thumbsup: , which was 1051 days long, from 1.5 mgs of Klonopin

Sounds good, just give it time and be extra gentle with yourself! Your body is healing from a lot and need time to sort things out. Especially the detoxification system. Just keep doing the right things nurturing yourself and I’m sure you’ll get where you want to be  :) congrats on 10 months!

There is a saying that the fat you eat is the fat you wear

That is Dr. John McDougall's saying. Are you WFPB? I am WFPB (since 2013).  I posted on the McDougall msg board for many years, altho I am not really active anymore. Strict WFPB is the healthiest WOE, but can be very difficult for many ppl to make a permanent, long-term transition. The taste buds do adapt, but it does take some time. I still miss many of the SAD foods that I used to love, but I don't eat them anymore.

There is a saying that the fat you eat is the fat you wear

That is Dr. John McDougall's saying. Are you WFPB? I am WFPB (since 2013).  I posted on the McDougall msg board for many years, altho I am not really active anymore. Strict WFPB is the healthiest WOE, but can be very difficult for many ppl to make a permanent, long-term transition. The taste buds do adapt, but it does take some time. I still miss many of the SAD foods that I used to love, but I don't eat them anymore.

Yup, WFPB! I know what you mean about the taste buds. Plant based is not new news since the healthiest and longest living cultures have been mostly plant based for centuries. It’s just a cultural thing that we were brought up to with processed foods and lifestyle. Now I drool when I see amazing plant based dishes and fruits. But it is a journey for sure.

Cool! Describe a typical day of eating for you. For example, tell me exactly what foods you ate yesterday. I am male, can't really cook, don't wanna learn how, so my diet is somewhat bland. I wish I could make my food taste better.

How long have you been WFPB? Why did you change from SAD to WFPB?

Yesterday for me = okra, collard and kale greens mix, blend of different beans with raw onions on top, some mushrooms, big vegetable salad, oat groats cooked in water only and a banana, blueberries, and green apple slices and cinnamon for sweetness.

It does get somewhat hard eating this way all the time I will admit. I am not gonna lie. I would love to have me a big giant greasy cheese pizza sometimes. LOL

Have you eliminated meat completely?

Cool! Describe a typical day of eating for you. For example, tell me exactly what foods you ate yesterday. I am male, can't really cook, don't wanna learn how, so my diet is somewhat bland. I wish I could make my food taste better.

How long have you been WFPB? Why did you change from SAD to WFPB?

Yesterday for me = okra, collard and kale greens mix, blend of different beans with raw onions on top, some mushrooms, big vegetable salad, oat groats cooked in water only and a banana, blueberries, and green apple slices and cinnamon for sweetness.

It does get somewhat hard eating this way all the time I will admit. I am not gonna lie. I would love to have me a big giant greasy cheese pizza sometimes. LOL

Have you eliminated meat completely?

If it is okay with you, I’ll send you a pm to not take away space from this thread and the original poster and question  :)

I switched to intermittent fasting in September and I have found it so beneficial for maintaining my weight and for just feeling good in general.  I do the 16:8 plan (fast for 16 hours, eat during an  hour 'window') and it took a week or so to adapt to - at first I did 14:10 for a few days.  I don't know if it will help belly fat but it certainly has been an easy way to lose and maintain my weight.

I switched to intermittent fasting in September and I have found it so beneficial for maintaining my weight and for just feeling good in general.  I do the 16:8 plan and it took a week or so to adapt to - at first I did 14:10 for a few days.  I don't know if it will help belly fat but it certainly has been an easy way to lose and maintain my weight.

Excellent Kate. I also eat in an 8 hour feeding window. IF is a great way to burn body fat, lose weight, and maintain that weight loss.

• 3 months later...
Interesting discussion. I never was overweight, but I didn't like how my stomach stuck out. I looked for the info online and found this article https://betterme.world/articles/stomach-sticks-out/, also I discussed it with an experienced guy. It turned out that the problem was in my posture, so I chose proper exercises and finally saw a good result in several months. I'm also sure that my back is healthier now.