Author Topic: 10 months off, constant air hunger etc!  (Read 301 times)

[Buddie]

10 months off, constant air hunger etc!
« on: March 04, 2022, 12:28:32 am »
Unreal , and horrible / disabling symptom, I just can't shake it off, all day I can't breathe , but yeah,
tomorrow, March 4th marks 10 months off my 1051 day taper from 1.5 mg's of Klonopin, Tachycardia
is another nasty I have, Despite a low dose daily Beta Blocker ( Bisoprolol 5 mgs) anyway, trying to get
through this,  also, the Ukraine news sent me into a wave it seems, so trying to avoid it on TV
Computer, I've done well abstaining from it, I had to, so take care all!!!  :thumbsup:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: 10 months off, constant air hunger etc!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2022, 04:02:39 pm »
I can relate to the anxiety watching and reading the news creates, I'm completely recovered and I've had to limit my exposure. 

Is your breathing shallow or is it more of a pressure?  Do you practice breathing exercises? 
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2022, 02:59:39 am »
my breathing is constricted ( badly) by tight muscles I guess, like a tight band around me, it's all day , maybe once every 15 mins I get a decent breathe, but not often, it's debilitating, and along with a rapid heart rate/tachycardia,  etc, keeps me from going out much, I stay in all the time... I tried breathing exercises, but lack the skill as I'm too hyper etc,  know any good links? I wish I knew how to get rid of this, 

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2022, 03:39:50 pm »
Since I recovered I don't really pay attention to my breathing but during that time it was front and center, it feels like the more resistance we face to taking a deep breath, the more we try which only increases our frustration and fear. 

Have you consulted your doctor about medication for the tachycardia, I've read a few members say it can be helpful while going through this.  I haven't used breathing exercises so I can't offer much but I popped online and saw a lot of them, maybe you could find one that's a little easier to do.  I can relate to being hyper, I think part of my problem is patience with that kind of stuff.  I never could master meditation.  :-[

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2022, 07:34:17 pm »
last night was really bad, like almost ER level, the heart rate is all over the map,constant left side flutters palps, racing, etc, and the breathing restriction is horrible, ( I think it's termed Dyspnea, or something)  I only slept at best,  2 hours last night, because of all this, lying down makes it even worse, for some reason,  so I got back up and watched 3 older made for TV  movies Off Youtube,  doing the best I can,  I do have a doc appt with a Cardiologist on April 22nd,  , I just think this is something bad, or scary, don't like these symptoms, especially near constant since Monday... I keep telling myself it's anxiety,  hoping it is...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 07:42:49 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2022, 09:05:40 pm »
last night was really bad, like almost ER level, the heart rate is all over the map,constant left side flutters palps, racing, etc, and the breathing restriction is horrible, ( I think it's termed Dyspnea, or something)  I only slept at best,  2 hours last night, because of all this, lying down makes it even worse, for some reason,  so I got back up and watched 3 older made for TV  movies Off Youtube,  doing the best I can,  I do have a doc appt with a Cardiologist on April 22nd,  , I just think this is something bad, or scary, don't like these symptoms, especially near constant since Monday... I keep telling myself it's anxiety,  hoping it is...

I read where you wrote things did let up some [...]? Are you still experiencing the window?