Please help me plan titration taper off Ativan

[80...]

Icandothistoo,

First, you should fix the last two lines of your signature.  They indicate year 2021 but you meant 2022.

Second, Kate has good advice.

I had already typed this when Kate posted so let me just send it .

Doing 0.25mL seems a little slow to me.  My concern is, the longer you are on benzos, the harder it is to get off.

That said, only you know your body.  Everyone is different.

Do you record in a journal every day your taper and the symptoms of the day?  If so, you could experiment with 0.25 vs 1 mL tapers and see if the withdrawal symptoms are significant. 

If you do increase your taper rate, what about going to something in between 0.25 and 1ml and try 0.5ml for a bit to see how that goes?

Basically what I meant when I said I felt weird was that I was over 8 hours in between doses from sleeping for the night and woke up feeling weird but meant I must of been in wd from going 8 hours between my night time dose and morning dose. Every morning when I wake up I feel "off" and I think thats because of the hours between doses then.

That makes sense, thank you.  :thumbsup:

[80...]

Thankyou Kate08 & Bob7

Both of you gave me some great advise and both make complete sense to me. Bob7 I'm glad you brought the dates to my attention.. not use to 2022 yet I keep writing 2021 yet!! But I changed it. I do keep a daily journal on my taper journey and my feelings and how I am that day. I have some thinking to do.

[80...]
Kate08 i was thinking to of .5ml too. That may be a really good idea. I know I can always adjust up or down if need be.

If I am understanding your approach and my math is correct, a 0.25mL reduction per day would equate to a taper rate of about 6% over 28 days; a 0.5mL reduction per day over 28 days would be about 12%. 

Given your history, you might want to consider keeping your taper rate at 10% or less for the first month to see how you respond.  Reducing 0.4mL per day for 28 days would equate to a taper rate of about 9%.

Generally speaking, it easier to speed up a ‘too slow’ taper that is going well than it is to slow down and recover from a too fast taper.

[80...]
I too believe its smart to stick between 5-10%  I never been through anything like this in my life until the past year and was cold turkeyed in detox in June and then put on the Ativan on Feb 1st. Im mad this happened and so want my normal life back.