Author Topic: Please help me plan titration taper off Ativan  (Read 1244 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Please help me plan titration taper off Ativan
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2022, 01:02:47 am »
If I am understanding your approach and my math is correct, a 0.25mL reduction per day would equate to a taper rate of about 6% over 28 days; a 0.5mL reduction per day over 28 days would be about 12%. 

Given your history, you might want to consider keeping your taper rate at 10% or less for the first month to see how you respond.  Reducing 0.4mL per day for 28 days would equate to a taper rate of about 9%.

Generally speaking, it easier to speed up a ‘too slow’ taper that is going well than it is to slow down and recover from a too fast taper.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Please help me plan titration taper off Ativan
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2022, 01:26:08 am »
I too believe its smart to stick between 5-10%  I never been through anything like this in my life until the past year and was cold turkeyed in detox in June and then put on the Ativan on Feb 1st. Im mad this happened and so want my normal life back.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.