Author Topic: Please help me plan titration taper off Ativan  (Read 1255 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Please help me plan titration taper off Ativan
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2022, 07:24:46 pm »
[...] made a good suggestion, maybe you could show her this document, bullet number 3 suggests a 5% reduction to begin with.  Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2022, 07:53:53 pm »
What is bullet number 3? I so new here and am trying to figure everything out.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2022, 08:08:42 pm »
The link to the paper I provided is numbered, I was just pointing you to the pertinent information.  Colorado Consortium Benzodiazepine Deprescribing Guidelines

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2022, 12:35:33 am »
Got it! Thankyou so much. Im going to print it and bring it to my Dr at my appt Tuesday!!

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2022, 12:40:21 am »
Let us know how it goes, I hope she'll let you do a patient led, symptom based taper, its cruel to dictate a taper that will cause unnecessary suffering.  Don't tell her I said that, that won't help your cause.  :-X

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2022, 01:02:30 am »
We're rootin' for you [...]!!    :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2022, 11:49:41 am »
Thankyou [...]! Right now I am on day 3 of my Milk Titration and im reducing my dose by .25ml per day. 120 ml of milk used. I been ok so far.. just very tired and 2x I cried because I ended up here but my husband gets me through that and im ok after about 10 minutes. I saw my GP Dr Tuesday and explained to her that the taper she suggested was way to much too fast ( cut the pill by 25% for 4 days then by 50% for a week then 75% and so on.. not happening. I feel safer and more at peace doing the titration I read about and although its going to take me 400 some days to complete, thats fine. Its not a sprint.. its a marathon and slow n steady wins the race. My Dr understood and said that is fine and agreed to refill my rx upping my written dose back up to 1mg  per day so that I could do this. My pharmacy said as long as she upped my dose to 1mg again that they could refill it early so I won't run out. When Dr tapered me on her schedule she cut my RX to .5 per day and she adjusted it back for the titration im doing.

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2022, 01:26:40 pm »
Wow, you sound so good!  You're in charge of your taper and your future, it must be a great feeling to have your wishes acknowledged and supported by your doctor, I'm so happy for you!

And the words you've used to describe your journey are positive, this attitude will help you in your quest to be benzo free, I feel so good about your recovery and can't wait to read your success story.  :thumbsup:

I hope [...] will drop by to take a look at your taper rate because I'm clueless but whatever works, right?

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2022, 01:34:55 pm »
Thank you [...]. I appreciate your kind words.

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2022, 02:08:31 pm »
This is awesome!  I ended loving the liquid taper because it was so gradual.  As long as you have enough pills to do the 400 day plan (and you do) then all is well.  I hope you feel good about yourself for asking what you want - that is very empowering!