Author Topic: Xanax to Valium  (Read 438 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Xanax to Valium
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2022, 03:27:04 am »
Correct I replaced 2 at once and realized with my pcp I went too fast studied up and am
Now replacing one dose at a time. On a week to 10 day basis. I did it all very quickly the first time
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2022, 03:30:33 am »
Also we agreed to add the Valium dose to the current dose because I was not stable. So basically an updose. Bad idea ?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2022, 03:33:10 am »
Correct I replaced 2 at once and realized with my pcp I went too fast studied up and am
Now replacing one dose at a time. On a week to 10 day basis. I did it all very quickly the first time
I would suggest reviewing the Ashton manual table with the Xanax crossover and discuss it with your pcp. My concern would be that replacing an entire dose over a short period of time like you mention will still cause a lot of Wd. Itís up to you but worth looking at.
Even if you updose it will still take time for the Valium to build up in your body it takes time, not enough to immediately provide the stability you are looking for. Again suggest reviewing the Ashton table and you may want to consider rebaselining with the Xanax to stabilize or a single dose change. Talk it over with your pcp before rushing into a decision.
[...]
« Last Edit: March 04, 2022, 03:42:00 am by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2022, 01:42:02 pm »
[...], thank you for providing such excellent feedback to [...], I'm out of my depth.  :smitten: