CBD oil for insomnia..... thoughts

[Ch...]

Yes, didn't do anything for me during WD, but after I healed a bunch around 18 months off it worked OK.  It won't or didn't knock me out like a Benzo would but I got some sleep from it when I was certain I would not have? Lazarus Naturals makes a high quality sleep formula that is reasonably priced.

It helped sometimes but not a lot and not every time I used it. I felt it was too expensive for the little benefit it may have provided.

My thoughts are that it was worth a try.

I tried it early in withdrawl and it was expensive and I got no help from it.  The cure for benzo-related insomnia is time - about a year off benzos for me.

I tried it early in withdrawl and it was expensive and I got no help from it.  The cure for benzo-related insomnia is time - about a year off benzos for me.

Thanks Kate :smitten:

Yes, didn't do anything for me during WD, but after I healed a bunch around 18 months off it worked OK.  It won't or didn't knock me out like a Benzo would but I got some sleep from it when I was certain I would not have? Lazarus Naturals makes a high quality sleep formula that is reasonably priced.

Hey ThEwAy2, do you consider yourself 100% recovered? If yes, how long did it take you after you stopped? How long before you started feeling a little better? Thanks--

Hey AntiBenzo7,

Yes, I'd say I'm as close to 100% as possible. 

I started feeling better between month 9 and 10 after my cold turkey and I felt like I was 100% at 24 months off.  I've had zero symptoms for about 4 years now other than some off nights of sleep here and there but that is to be expected as recovering from Benzos doesn't heal preexisting conditions and insomnia was the reason I went on Benzos in the first place.

I tried my CBD last night after months, I had some broken sleep, not sure if that helped or if I would have slept a bit anyway. Does anybody know of decent CBD that works?

That is the thing...really expensive and of little to no help. Many ppl on benzos are barely surviving financially and are desperately sick. If I had a ton of money, I suppose I would not mind giving some of these things a shot. I wonder how much profit are some of these sellers making? I think the CBD health benefits stuff is way overblown, esp when it comes to helping with benzo w/d.

Hi all, I thought I would add my 2 cents worth.  Recently I tried 1906 Midnight chocolates, with such a small noticeable difference that I would never buy them again.

Yes, they were pricey. I had never used any pot products before.

What works for some might not work for others, so you can always try it, Charlene. I wish you the best on this road to  recovery/freedom. 

NG

I have to use CBD with CBN and melatonin or else it does nothing . I use it now before I take my cannabis drop . My sleep never returned so last May at 2 .5 years off my fam and my therapist staged a sort of intervention and I went back on my cannabis drops. microdosing at 7-10 mgs.

I was in extremely bad shape before that  and while I wished I my sleep would have returned, I just ran out of time to keep waiting . I had to go back to work and live and 90 minutes -3 hours was not enough and I was very sick .

I use only 100% indica gummies ( NO sativa or even ind/sat hybrids) with CBN in them also and I switch different brands /varieties alot to keep any possible tolerance at bay . Its not perfect but it is so much better .. I have been a cannabis user for decades though and knew what to use

I've had luck with these formulas on those one off nights when I find it hard to fall asleep.

This company makes a Tincture that is effective, full spectrum, and crafted for daily use. They have carefully formulated the high potency oil tincture with the perfect balance of CBD, CBG, and CBN to support falling asleep and staying asleep. Together these cannabinoids work hard, so that you rest well—promoting deep relaxation, relief from muscle pain, and a sense of calm.

Each ml contains 30mg of CBD, 10mg of CBG, and 10mg of CBN.

Ingredients: Organic Hempseed Oil, Organic Coconut MCT Oil, Full Spectrum Hemp Extract.

They also make capsules for those that don't like the oil

Their Sleep Capsules are specifically crafted for everyday use. Their effective blend of full spectrum CBD, CBG, and CBN works hard (with functional ingredients like lemon balm and passion flower) to target and reduce restlessness, promote healthier sleeping habits, and encourage a full night’s rest. Convenient and consistent, these 50mg capsules are perfect for any nightly routine seeking to maintain a regulated sleeping pattern.

Each capsule contains 30mg of CBD, 10mg of CBG, and 10mg of CBN.

Ingredients: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Vegetable Capsule (Hypromellose, Water), Full Spectrum Hemp Extract, Passion Flower Extract (Whole Herb, Maltodextrin), Organic Lemon Balm Extract, Organic Coconut MCT Oil, Silicon Dioxide. Contains: Tree Nuts (Coconut)

PM me if you want the company information.  Very reasonably priced too.

Hey AntiBenzo7,

Yes, I'd say I'm as close to 100% as possible. 

I started feeling better between month 9 and 10 after my cold turkey and I felt like I was 100% at 24 months off.  I've had zero symptoms for about 4 years now other than some off nights of sleep here and there but that is to be expected as recovering from Benzos doesn't heal preexisting conditions and insomnia was the reason I went on Benzos in the first place.

Thanks ThEwAy2. It is good ppl like you stick around to help and encourage others (I am still pretty sick and struggling). When you finally stopped, how crappy did you feel? Besides the insomnia , what was the worst sx you got from the benzos? I just went back and read your signature. How long did the skin burning last for you?

AB7,

When I did my CT, the zero nights kicked in right away and I had like 5 nights in a row without any perceived sleep.  I was really freaked out because I thought I would die from lack of sleep (not true).  I had all sorts of people (family and friends) telling me it would either kill me or shorten my life span (again not true).  Then the other symptoms started kicking in...anxiety, depression, DP/DR, claustrophobia, sound sensitivity, muscle spasms/twitching, GI issues, burning skin, etc.  Not sleeping amplified all of these symptoms and made them worse.  The burning skin was pretty persistent for about 2 months but then it slowly faded.  Like everything else it was UP and down and some days it was way worse than other days just like some days I got some sleep and other days I didn't.

My sleep and symptoms were at their worst around month 3 after I jumped and stayed pretty intense (with a lot of UPs and downs) until between month 9-10 off, then I started noticing some nice, gradual, steady improvement with sleep and symptoms.  Everything kept improving between month 10 and 24.  Month 24 is when I considered myself as close to 100% healed as possible.  I wrote a success story at 15 months off, but kept making steady improvement with sleep after that.  All of my symptoms were pretty much gone by month 15 except for some mild tinnitus and very mild anxiety, depression and some DP/DR and brain fog.  All of that was completely gone by month 24.  The only thing I had left was an off night of sleep every month or 2.

I had a semi-decent day here and there that I didn't recognize as a window until later on.  Those started about 6 months after my CT.  I did Dr. Coleman's Flumazenil treatment about 7 weeks after my CT.  I didn't see any immediate relief, but I think in reduced the overall length and intensity of my symptoms (it's my own theory/thinking that I can't prove)?

My worst symptoms were insomnia, claustrophobia, anxiety, GI issues, burning skin and sound issues...in that order of worst to what bothered me the least.

Sorry you're still struggling...you'll see gradual, slow improvement over time!

Thanks ThEwAy2. I know someone personally who did the Flumazenil treatment at the Coleman Institute after she had been off K for approx. 3 months. I am glad it helped you, but it made her much worse. In fact, she got so bad until she reinstated klonopin and is now at 4 mgs and still really sick to this day. I admire the ppl who can endure the pain long enough until the body can naturally, albeit slowly, reverse things and restore homeostasis and bring relief without the drug's interference.

How much did the Flumazenil treatment cost you?

Luckily I had relatives that live close to Richmond, VA that were able to take me daily to Dr. Coleman's office for the Flumazenil treatment.  It was a wearable pump that slowly pumped flumazenil into the belly fat just above your waist.  I had to go daily for monitoring and checkups.  Dr. Coleman was a very nice man with a "cool" Australian accent! With the round trip air fare it was about $7,000 for the Flumazenil treatment.  And as I said, it did not provide any immediate relief but I think it helped reduce the length of time I was in WD?

I've had luck with these formulas on those one off nights when I find it hard to fall asleep.

This company makes a Tincture that is effective, full spectrum, and crafted for daily use. They have carefully formulated the high potency oil tincture with the perfect balance of CBD, CBG, and CBN to support falling asleep and staying asleep. Together these cannabinoids work hard, so that you rest well—promoting deep relaxation, relief from muscle pain, and a sense of calm.

Each ml contains 30mg of CBD, 10mg of CBG, and 10mg of CBN.

Ingredients: Organic Hempseed Oil, Organic Coconut MCT Oil, Full Spectrum Hemp Extract.

They also make capsules for those that don't like the oil

Their Sleep Capsules are specifically crafted for everyday use. Their effective blend of full spectrum CBD, CBG, and CBN works hard (with functional ingredients like lemon balm and passion flower) to target and reduce restlessness, promote healthier sleeping habits, and encourage a full night’s rest. Convenient and consistent, these 50mg capsules are perfect for any nightly routine seeking to maintain a regulated sleeping pattern.

Each capsule contains 30mg of CBD, 10mg of CBG, and 10mg of CBN.

Ingredients: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Vegetable Capsule (Hypromellose, Water), Full Spectrum Hemp Extract, Passion Flower Extract (Whole Herb, Maltodextrin), Organic Lemon Balm Extract, Organic Coconut MCT Oil, Silicon Dioxide. Contains: Tree Nuts (Coconut)

PM me if you want the company information.  Very reasonably priced too.

Thanks ThEwAy2. Please PM me the name of the Company and the website URL. I would live to visit the website and browse around some. You also said some of the things are reasonably priced. I may decide to give something a shot, IDK tho.

THC never worked for me prior to Benzos, during Benzo WD and after Benzo WD....and I don't like how it makes me feel....panicky and more like DP/DR than high or euphoric!

I find CBD to be very calming and in bigger doses, sleep-inducing. I make my own Gummi Bear edibles (I grow my own  plants) so I'm able to calculate exactly how much CBD is in each dose. And here's what, after many years experimenting with CBD and THC and CBD/THC  I have discovered -- I need about a 100 mg dose to make me sleepy. About 30 mgs will produce calm in the pm if I want that while meditating or listening to music. I don't think I'm unusual -- ppl who report no relief from insomnia from a 15, 20 or 30 mg dose are quite right imo. It's too little.

Previous comments about effective doses of CBD being expensive are right on, I think. I recently read the results of a scientific study in which recipients were given 300 or 600 mgs of CBD and it did indeed produce somnolence. However, the researchers acknowledged that such a big dose, while effective (let's say 300 mgs) would be unaffordable for most people. I agree. That's why I grow my own, and make edibles from a tincture I make from flower bud. I don't like oil. When I run out of my own harvested plants, I buy flower bud from a dispensary in FL. It's cheaper than the local shop.

If anyone is interested I have a Gummi Bear "recipe" that I can send you.

Best wishes,

Katz

I applaud you oregonkatz. Trying and buying some of this stuff online can be very expensive. DIY = most affordable of all. :thumbsup:  :laugh:

Lazarus Naturals is affordable, especially if you are low-income, disabled or have a medical disability or are a veteran.

They also have high dose products that have 100mg or 200mg of CBD per softgel.  If you fall into one of the groups listed above, an 80 count 100mg softgel is $56. (saying that if 100mg is enough to make you sleepy)  If you needed one per night would last you 80 nights for .70 cents per night...that's affordable! :thumbsup:

They also have 200mg softgels that are $80 for 80 softgels (again if you are in one of the above groups) so $1 per night.

The prices I am showing are with the 60% they give to the groups listed above..