Author Topic: CBD oil for insomnia..... thoughts  (Read 1014 times)

[Buddie]

CBD oil for insomnia..... thoughts
« on: March 03, 2022, 05:48:04 pm »
anyone tried?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: CBD oil for insomnia..... thoughts
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2022, 06:38:49 pm »
Yes, didn't do anything for me during WD, but after I healed a bunch around 18 months off it worked OK.  It won't or didn't knock me out like a Benzo would but I got some sleep from it when I was certain I would not have? Lazarus Naturals makes a high quality sleep formula that is reasonably priced.

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2022, 09:12:48 pm »
It helped sometimes but not a lot and not every time I used it. I felt it was too expensive for the little benefit it may have provided.

My thoughts are that it was worth a try.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2022, 01:11:55 am »
Thank you both

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2022, 01:22:23 am »
I tried it early in withdrawl and it was expensive and I got no help from it.  The cure for benzo-related insomnia is time - about a year off benzos for me.

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2022, 10:41:26 pm »
I tried it early in withdrawl and it was expensive and I got no help from it.  The cure for benzo-related insomnia is time - about a year off benzos for me.

Thanks [...] :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2022, 12:44:53 am »
Yes, didn't do anything for me during WD, but after I healed a bunch around 18 months off it worked OK.  It won't or didn't knock me out like a Benzo would but I got some sleep from it when I was certain I would not have? Lazarus Naturals makes a high quality sleep formula that is reasonably priced.

Hey [...], do you consider yourself 100% recovered? If yes, how long did it take you after you stopped? How long before you started feeling a little better? Thanks--

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2022, 12:11:32 pm »
Hey [...],

Yes, I'd say I'm as close to 100% as possible. 

I started feeling better between month 9 and 10 after my cold turkey and I felt like I was 100% at 24 months off.  I've had zero symptoms for about 4 years now other than some off nights of sleep here and there but that is to be expected as recovering from Benzos doesn't heal preexisting conditions and insomnia was the reason I went on Benzos in the first place.

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2022, 09:45:20 am »
I tried my CBD last [...] after months, I had some broken sleep, not sure if that helped or if I would have slept a bit anyway. Does anybody know of decent CBD that works?

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2022, 02:12:33 pm »

That is the thing...really expensive and of little to no help. Many ppl on benzos are barely surviving financially and are desperately sick. If I had a ton of money, I suppose I would not mind giving some of these things a shot. I wonder how much profit are some of these sellers making? I think the CBD health benefits stuff is way overblown, esp when it comes to helping with benzo w/d.