My new sleep aid.

[ja...]

I've been chugging back tart cherry juice before bed... and 1tsp. magnesium powder from a product called Calm.  It's has helped me more than anything else I've tried.    Fingers crossed.  I get sleepy instead of thrashing around for several hours....  and I get 1 and a half to 2 hours sleep before waking.  I've been able to fall back at least for one more round before morning.  I've probably jinxed myself now lol.  But had to pass this along.

Thank you for this janiceh.  I tried both cherry juice and magnesium early after jumping and I didn't notice any help with them but I am so much better now I wonder if I might get some help from it.  Do you buy it online or locally? 

Tart Cherry is high in melatonin and the primary ingredient in Calm is Magnesium.  Both are good at inducing sleep after you have healed a bunch as almost nothing short of another Rx drug will touch Benzo-induced insomnia!

Hi...  I may have spoke too soon, as I didn't get any sleep last night at all..  but I had an 8 day run of decent sleep on it.  I do think it's better as you heal.  A few months back, magnesium just made me vibrate.... I got both the Calm and the tart cherry juice at my local health food store.  But I have bought both these on line before....  best of luck... ❤️

janiceh, this is how the sleep/insomnia thing went for me - lots of ups and downs.  As I approach nearly two years off clonazepam, I still get the occasional night of not sleeping but I don't have nearly as many as I did in the early days after jumping.

Kate thanks for giving me hope. 

I am now 115 days post jump.  My magic formula proved not so magic after all.  I wake often and sometimes akathesia is awful.  I constantly rock up and down by hooking my toes in the baseboard.  It seems to dispel the agitation.  Are you still vibrating at 2 years post jump?

janiceh, those symptoms can be so tough.  At this point I have restless legs some nights but I'm not even sure that is from benzos because I have some issues with my back that could be causing this.

Kate thanks for giving me hope. 

I am now 115 days post jump.  My magic formula proved not so magic after all.  I wake often and sometimes akathesia is awful.  I constantly rock up and down by hooking my toes in the baseboard.  It seems to dispel the agitation.  Are you still vibrating at 2 years post jump?

If you have 8 nights of decent sleep, that WILL happen again.  You are doing great at only 115 days off.  There are no "magic" potions, supplements or special elixirs that will put you to sleep like a Benzo would/could.  Time is the healer.  Your sleep will improve and even out over Time.

Good luck!