Day 27 insomnia

[Do...]

I have quit sleeping pills for 27 days.  I slept only two hours and it's 1240 and can't sleep.  I don't want to take more traz as I took two tonight.  I am upset because my pastor's are retiring and I asked them to pray for me at a zoom meeting and they just ignored me.  I feel like I have nobody now.  I have drank since I quit, but want to quit drinking as soon as I can if the fear would go away.  I hope I am not up all night as I am exhausted.  I also had a aching tooth.

Hi there. Are you still tapering off temaz? You need to stop the alcohol if you can cos that will affect your withdrawal and your sleep. Ive been off zopiclone for nearly 5 weeks now and tapered temaz fo 2weeks then ceased on 23/2 . Since tapering and coming off temaz Ive had virtually no sleep apart from an hour or 2 on occasional nights. This is part of wd, I am hoping and praying it will get better soon because Im exhausted.

Its sink or swim Im afraid.

I have quit sleeping pills for 27 days.  I slept only two hours and it's 1240 and can't sleep.  I don't want to take more traz as I took two tonight.  I am upset because my pastor's are retiring and I asked them to pray for me at a zoom meeting and they just ignored me.  I feel like I have nobody now.  I have drank since I quit, but want to quit drinking as soon as I can if the fear would go away.  I hope I am not up all night as I am exhausted.  I also had a aching tooth.

Sorry for your sleep issues, BUT alcohol acts on GABA receptors just like Benzos do, so you may be off Benzos but you are slamming your GABA receptors (what make you calm and relaxed so you can sleep) by consuming alcohol.  To your body, it's just like being on Benzos again.  I'd avoid alcohol the same way you'd avoid RAT poison.

You will not die from no sleep !! Your brain will sleep when it needs to. The Trazedone might not work well during the acute phase of withdrawal. You have to make a commitment to stop anything that is going to slow your recovery. Alcohol is a no no. You will have alot of zero night sleeps but you have to not worry about it. It's part of the process. It sucks but we all go through it. Be strong !!

Thanks for you replies I gad insomnia again.  I woke up at 2am and awke for several hours.  I am going to do an aa group today to try to stop drinking.  I have only drank for two weeks, but want to stop before I become addicted.  I miss the benzos as they stopped the fear.  Alcohol doest really stop the fear and I can barely walk when I drink and can't do anything.

I forgot to say I been off sleeping pills for 20 days cold turkey.

It has been extremel fear since then and insomnia.  My skin looks way better though and that's what i wanted

I have been off sleeping pills for 31 days, but I miss them as they helped the anxiety and I could take them to go to sleep.  I woke up at 4 today and I am exhausted.  I am going to see my brother with my nephew at 11.  We are only going for a few hours though.  I want to see him longer.  I have a rash on my scalp that is drive me crazy.  It keeps itching.  I wish I could get some Ativan for my anxiety.

Woke up at 1 and can't go back to sleep.

My head is flaming itchy and my back hurts.  I miss the pills to put me to sleep.  The trazadobe has been making me car sick and nauseous. I want to quit it.  I visited my brother for a few hours, but his girlfriend and him didn't invite me to stay like they said they would.  I hate not staying at my brother's as it relieved my anxiety and helped me sleep.

Have you seen your doctor lately about your issues? You say that anxiety stops you sleeping, maybe he could help with that. Also, the alcohol will disturb your sleep, have you cut down/stopped?

No I didn't tell my doctor it is to hard to not have my brother or sister to help me as it relieves the anxiety and insomnia.  I cut down on drinking.  I only had one half cup if wine today.  O took three traz as I couldn't sleep.

My nephew is going to see my brother next weekend? But I can't bare to not have him invite me there again.

Most anxiety meds are Benzos or ADs...I'd definitely stay away of any Benzos or Z-drugs and there are non drug ways to treat anxiety that I'd look into first.  Our first reaction should not be to reach for a drug and that's how western medicine works.  You make an appointment, explain your symptoms and then get an Rx prescription.

Wow! I just started having the occasional drink or two again. I did NOT know they act on GABA receptors. That is so sad:( A couple martini's takes the edge off of my stress level but it's not worth hampering with my sleep. What a bummer. I guess I will have to give up my drinks two times a week or so.

Such is life! health and sleep come first.

HM

I woke up at 3am exhausted and anxious.  I drank some wine and took a traz

I am going to ask the doctor to reinstate me on the restoril.  The anxiety is too bad.  I have to see the dentist today and worried about that.  Also, my church shut down yesterday so I am upset about that.

Temazepam (restoril) is NOT the answer IMO.

Benzos only "mask" the anxiety and don't treat the root cause.

There are other ways to treat anxiety and other non-Benzo Rx drugs that don't cause WD and insomnia.  I'd look into CBT or even an AD over a Benzo.  Benzos are pure evil IMO.

Good luck.

I use guided meditation to help me have more conscious control over my CNS. There have been studies done where people have been able to successfully manage their CNS and pain centers of their brains that they can have surgery without anesthesia. Wouldn't that be cool? To have that kind of control over your brain and body? I wish...

HM

It wouldn't be a good idea to reinstate on the Restoril.  Restoril is the worst benzo out there.  It has a very short half-life.  I took it for years and it's horrible.

I use guided meditation to help me have more conscious control over my CNS. There have been studies done where people have been able to successfully manage their CNS and pain centers of their brains that they can have surgery without anesthesia. Wouldn't that be cool? To have that kind of control over your brain and body? I wish...

That would be cool HM. Can you imagine being cut open and not have any pain signals sent to your brain (no pain meds or benzos)? Yikes! There are ppl who can not perceive pain. They have a rare disorder called Congenital insensitivity to pain or CIP. On the surface, it would seem like a great thing to not feel any physical pain but pain actually protects us. This 60 mins video is heart-wrenching.

*I wish I could not feel the pain of benzo w/d and all the horrid sxs.

I use simple TM. I have been doing it for the last 15 years.

AB,

Yeah, I wouldn't want to have no pain unless it was by choice like with hypnosis, meditation or something like that. I use meditation to help with my insomnia. It seems to help. It's all in your head. I have been sleeping at least 5 hours a night for the last 5 nights or so. It's better than 2 or 3 hours. I am due for another 8-hour night!

Good night!

HM

It's day 41 can't sleep.  I can't sleep.  I slept from 6 to 10.

I am upset as my brothers Girlfriend sent me hateful texts.

She is hateful.  I have bad indigestion and don't want to be up all night.  I had to drink some wine as my brother's girlfriend is causing trouble

She is hateful.  I have bad indigestion and don't want to be up all night.  I had to drink some wine as my brother's girlfriend is causing trouble

The way I see it, I'll always have a reason to drink and do drugs because that's the way I'm wired but I have a choice and I choose not to.  You have a choice too Dom81.

Dom, you were already made aware, on many occasions, that drinking alcohol acts on GABA receptors the same way Benzos do.  You didn't have to drink wine.  You chose to.  Nobody can "make" you do anything you don't want to do.  You just were looking for a reason to drink wine and "gave" yourself one.  Again, stay off of alcohol during WD....

I feel very sorry for your sleeping issues. Make sure you tell everything to your doctor on your next visit. If you need to take some meds always check Canada Drugs website about all the side effects, precautions and dosage.