Author Topic: Day 27 insomnia  (Read 947 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Day 27 insomnia
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2022, 11:25:47 am »
You should see your doctor he may give you something for your anxiety. You should kick the booze
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2022, 01:21:06 pm »
Most anxiety meds are Benzos or ADs...I'd definitely stay away of any Benzos or Z-drugs and there are non drug ways to treat anxiety that I'd look into first.  Our first reaction should not be to reach for a drug and that's how western medicine works.  You make an appointment, explain your symptoms and then get an Rx prescription.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2022, 08:14:19 pm »
Wow! I just started having the occasional drink or two again. I did NOT know they act on GABA receptors. That is so sad:( A couple martini's takes the edge off of my stress level but it's not worth hampering with my sleep. What a bummer. I guess I will have to give up my drinks two times a week or so.

Such is life! health and sleep come first.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2022, 11:54:42 am »
I woke up at 3am exhausted and anxious.  I drank some wine and took a traz

I am going to ask the doctor to reinstate me on the restoril.  The anxiety is too bad.  I have to see the dentist today and worried about that.  Also, my church shut down yesterday so I am upset about that.

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2022, 01:44:20 pm »
Temazepam (restoril) is NOT the answer IMO.

Benzos only "mask" the anxiety and don't treat the root cause.

There are other ways to treat anxiety and other non-Benzo Rx drugs that don't cause WD and insomnia.  I'd look into CBT or even an AD over a Benzo.  Benzos are pure evil IMO.

Good luck.

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2022, 03:54:44 pm »
I use guided meditation to help me have more conscious control over my CNS. There have been studies done where people have been able to successfully manage their CNS and pain centers of their brains that they can have surgery without anesthesia. Wouldn't that be cool? To have that kind of control over your brain and body? I wish...

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2022, 04:11:09 pm »
Meditation is a great place to start with anxiety or depression IMO.

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2022, 12:37:16 am »
It wouldn't be a good idea to reinstate on the Restoril.  Restoril is the worst benzo out there.  It has a very short half-life.  I took it for years and it's horrible.

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2022, 02:51:54 am »
I use guided meditation to help me have more conscious control over my CNS. There have been studies done where people have been able to successfully manage their CNS and pain centers of their brains that they can have surgery without anesthesia. Wouldn't that be cool? To have that kind of control over your brain and body? I wish...

That would be cool [...]. Can you imagine being cut open and not have any pain signals sent to your brain (no pain meds or benzos)? Yikes! There are ppl who can not perceive pain. They have a rare disorder called Congenital insensitivity to pain or CIP. On the surface, it would seem like a great thing to not feel any physical pain but pain actually protects us. This 60 mins video is heart-wrenching.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qDLZx1WJ8o

*I wish I could not feel the pain of benzo w/d and all the horrid sxs.

I use simple TM. I have been doing it for the last 15 years.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBCsFuoFRp8&t=438s

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2022, 06:50:09 am »
AB,

Yeah, I wouldn't want to have no pain unless it was by choice like with hypnosis, meditation or something like that. I use meditation to help with my insomnia. It seems to help. It's all in your head. I have been sleeping at least 5 hours a night for the last 5 nights or so. It's better than 2 or 3 hours. I am due for another 8-hour night!

Good night!

[...]