Author Topic: Day 27 insomnia  (Read 948 times)

[Buddie]

Day 27 insomnia
« on: March 02, 2022, 08:27:28 am »
I have quit sleeping pills for 27 days.  I slept only two hours and it's 1240 and can't sleep.  I don't want to take more traz as I took two tonight.  I am upset because my pastor's are retiring and I asked them to pray for me at a zoom meeting and they just ignored me.  I feel like I have nobody now.  I have drank since I quit, but want to quit drinking as soon as I can if the fear would go away.  I hope I am not up all night as I am exhausted.  I also had a aching tooth.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Day 27 insomnia
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2022, 10:01:13 am »
Hi there. Are you still tapering off temaz? You need to stop the alcohol if you can cos that will affect your withdrawal and your sleep. Ive been off zopiclone for nearly 5 weeks now and tapered temaz fo 2weeks then ceased on 23/2 . Since tapering and coming off temaz Ive had virtually no sleep apart from an hour or 2 on occasional nights. This is part of wd, I am hoping and praying it will get better soon because Im exhausted.
Its sink or swim Im afraid.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2022, 12:53:27 pm »
I have quit sleeping pills for 27 days.  I slept only two hours and it's 1240 and can't sleep.  I don't want to take more traz as I took two tonight.  I am upset because my pastor's are retiring and I asked them to pray for me at a zoom meeting and they just ignored me.  I feel like I have nobody now.  I have drank since I quit, but want to quit drinking as soon as I can if the fear would go away.  I hope I am not up all night as I am exhausted.  I also had a aching tooth.

Sorry for your sleep issues, BUT alcohol acts on GABA receptors just like Benzos do, so you may be off Benzos but you are slamming your GABA receptors (what make you calm and relaxed so you can sleep) by consuming alcohol.  To your body, it's just like being on Benzos again.  I'd avoid alcohol the same way you'd avoid RAT poison.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2022, 03:14:59 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2022, 03:06:26 pm »
You will not die from no sleep !! Your brain will sleep when it needs to. The Trazedone might not work well during the acute phase of withdrawal. You have to make a commitment to stop anything that is going to slow your recovery. Alcohol is a no no. You will have alot of zero night sleeps but you have to not worry about it. It's part of the process. It sucks but we all go through it. Be strong !!

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2022, 05:04:36 pm »
Thanks for you replies I gad insomnia again.  I woke up at 2am and awke for several hours.  I am going to do an aa group today to try to stop drinking.  I have only drank for two weeks, but want to stop before I become addicted.  I miss the benzos as they stopped the fear.  Alcohol doest really stop the fear and I can barely walk when I drink and can't do anything.

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2022, 05:06:45 pm »
I forgot to say I been off sleeping pills for 20 days cold turkey.
It has been extremel fear since then and insomnia.  My skin looks way better though and that's what i wanted

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2022, 01:43:23 pm »
I have been off sleeping pills for 31 days, but I miss them as they helped the anxiety and I could take them to go to sleep.  I woke up at 4 today and I am exhausted.  I am going to see my brother with my nephew at 11.  We are only going for a few hours though.  I want to see him longer.  I have a rash on my scalp that is drive me crazy.  It keeps itching.  I wish I could get some Ativan for my anxiety.

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2022, 09:09:31 am »
Woke up at 1 and can't go back to sleep.
My head is flaming itchy and my back hurts.  I miss the pills to put me to sleep.  The trazadobe has been making me car sick and nauseous. I want to quit it.  I visited my brother for a few hours, but his girlfriend and him didn't invite me to stay like they said they would.  I hate not staying at my brother's as it relieved my anxiety and helped me sleep.

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2022, 09:41:31 am »
Have you seen your doctor lately about your issues? You say that anxiety stops you sleeping, maybe he could help with that. Also, the alcohol will disturb your sleep, have you cut down/stopped?

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2022, 09:52:19 am »
No I didn't tell my doctor it is to hard to not have my brother or sister to help me as it relieves the anxiety and insomnia.  I cut down on drinking.  I only had one half cup if wine today.  O took three traz as I couldn't sleep.
My nephew is going to see my brother next weekend? But I can't bare to not have him invite me there again.