Author Topic: Can't sleep help  (Read 440 times)

[Buddie]

Can't sleep help
« on: March 01, 2022, 07:19:25 pm »
Have anyone experienced while drifting to sleep
something happens feels like from the brain that cause my body to tremble wakes me right up every time I try to sleep.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Can't sleep help
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2022, 07:33:23 pm »
I had this for a while and it seems that this is pretty common in early withdrawl.  Some people have body jerks.  I never have it now though.  It takes quite a while to get one's sleep rearranged after benzos - at least that was my experience.  I'm sorry - it stinks!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2022, 09:01:21 pm »
Have anyone experienced while drifting to sleep
something happens feels like from the brain that cause my body to tremble wakes me right up every time I try to sleep.

It sounds like a cortisol rush. Theyíre very common in Benzo w/dís. Jolting awake has absolutely been something Iíve been experiencing a lot.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2022, 09:47:14 pm »
Thank you guys for the response they help a lot to know your not the only one. Yes I heard about cortisol rush I do have some ashwagandha root in the house that suppose to help with that.

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2022, 04:49:22 am »
I have also had the experience of being jerked awake with an anxiety rush. A few months ago, it would happen after just getting a half an hour to an hour of sleep. It's less now. I still get the jerks occasionally and have the anxiety rush every morning, but I sleep more than an hour usually.

Good luck! Hang in there.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2022, 12:55:14 pm »
Unfortunately brain "zaps" or what can feel like a jolt of electricity rushing through your head and jerks you awake just as you nod off is fairly common.  I had that too for awhile, but eventually it went away.  Yours will too over time.  Time is the healer.  :thumbsup: