bad anxiety about switching lorazepam brands

[ju...]

i have been on watson 0.5mg  lorazepam  for a long time in 2018 i switch to  major/leading  pharam brand  and was  sent into acute withdrawal it was like  a sugar pill....... only had to stay on it for a day though and was able to get my dr to write a new script  n i switched to cvs  and all has been well since 2018  now i am told by my mom that watson is no longer making loraezpam she is a cvs pharmacy tech and i will have to switch to teva pharmaceuticals brand  i and really worried/scared about it..... anyone  on teva  lorazepam  ?  or made a switch to teva ?

Hi Jumpman, Yes I have tried the TEVA and it is much better than leading.  Unfortunately my pharmacy switched to leading and it is terrible. I had withdrawals from it also, but after a few days I think I started to feel better. I feel like I am always in withdrawals so I don't know anymore. I really need to start keeping a journal... All I know is that TEVA was better than leading...  Hope this eases your mind a bit... Good Luck!!

OMG thank you so much  gray cloud  your response  has truly just put a huge smile on my face and relieved a ton of anxiety i have been having  due to the up coming switch..... if theres anything i can to do help you  ? jusr ask i am very very benzo educated  i have been on ativan for 9 years 

Hi Jumpman, No I never tried the Watson, just the leading and the Teva. You will be okay with the Teva... Don't worry.. At first you might not feel right, just from switching but give it a day or 2 and you will be okay. It seemed to work well, so much better than leading.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@[ju...]

I am wondering how you ended up doing on the switch?

I was on Watson/Actavis for a couple of years and have now had to switch to Teva. I am having major issues, but there are confounding factors in my life too. But I have had problems switching every time there has been a manufacturer change.

I know you posted over a month ago but I just switched now. I am not sure how to tag people. I hopefully did something so that this will show up.

I unfortunately started on benzos at age 14 and so am already tolerant and very sensitive to changes it seems; although, I can remember even 20 years ago having difficulty and having to go on the brand name (the brand name back then was actually different than now). So it seems like there is something about a change that always causes issues when it comes to benzodiazepines.

Even though I am tolerant and it wasn't really helping me and was hurting me in long term ways, I wasn't having acute issues like this until this change.

hey marcus23  i am doing a lot better  it took about 2 weeks for me to stablize  the teva felt a lot stronger to me ......  even thought i feel almost normal again  i did lose some cognitive thinking  skills  like searching for words

marcus24    are  you  the same marcus that is on med chat ?  if so i have been talking to you on there as well lol