Klonopin - Post Jump

[se...]

Seeking, I'm so sorry to hear that you are in the "what if" loop.  That's hard.

This whole thing is really, really hard and we don't have the benefit of professionals overseeing our withdrawal.  We don't know best practices.  We can't know what will happen post jump or walk.  We are all just doing the best that we can. 

It doesn't help that this drug is so unpredictable.  Some people jump off at high doses and are just fine while others walk off and suffer for years. Your plan had a good chance of having a positive outcome! I hope that talking to Jennifer can help you.  Sending you support and virtual hugs.

Thank you RodgerThat. I appreciate the thoughts, support, and hugs. Trying to keep onward and upward. I hope your post jump is going well. Support/hugs back at ya!

seeking.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [se...]

• [op...]

• [Pi...]

• [ke...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Echoing everything RodgerThat said! Thinking of you, Seeking, and sending you lots of care and hugs and support through all of this. Keep us posted <3

Hey Seeking. Just wanted to say I can relate to you. I liquid tapered K as well, and have been off 9 weeks now. For me the worst symptom is DPDR, along with depression/ anxiety. I have seen no improvement other then I don’t have panic attacks anymore which is great, but the DPDR set in 4 weeks off and hasn’t left for a second. I too keep questioning the end of my taper and if I did something wrong, as I tapered verrrrry slow (2.5 years) and for the most part my taper went okay. The true hell didn’t start until after I jumped. It’s hard to not wonder “what did I do wrong?” But I know that there’s no going back, so trying to just push through for now.

I hope that you feel better really soon ❤️ I’m with you.

Thank you Hopehealing. I hope you are improving.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all. I am at 4 1/2 months off klonopin and still really struggling. Never have seen really any windows yet. Still fighting tingling symptoms, burning, shaking, ringing,etc.

My assessment at this point is one of 3 things and this just relates to me.

1. I screwed up my taper. After doing daily micro dry cuts at 0.125 mg I went to doing whole milk titration. I did my calculations and was detailed and would remove a amount each day a consume and drop a little each day and jumped at what I thought was 0.0425 mg. I jumped to early and looking back would have never done home brew liquid. You really do not know how much you are taking. Either I chose the wrong liquid approach or did it wrong. I should have stuck to dry and did Bob7's method.

2. The 7.125 mg remeron I am taking or the slow & quick release melatonin is messing up my healing. Really want to get off of the remeron.

3. My CNS is so sensitive and the 18 months on klonopin, z drugs, etc. really screwed me up. Stress, types of foods look like they set me off.

This relates to just me and I hope others have different experiences.

Really beat down and depressed. Trying to tell myself it will get better.  Just worn out.

Thoughts, healing, and best wishes to all.

Seeking.

Hello all. I am at 4 1/2 months off klonopin and still really struggling. Never have seen really any windows yet. Still fighting tingling symptoms, burning, shaking, ringing,etc.

1. I screwed up my taper. After doing daily micro dry cuts at 0.125 mg I went to doing whole milk titration. I did my calculations and was detailed and would remove a amount each day a consume and drop a little each day and jumped at what I thought was 0.0425 mg. I jumped to early and looking back would have never done home brew liquid. You really do not know how much you are taking. Either I chose the wrong liquid approach or did it wrong. I should have stuck to dry and did Bob7's method.

2. The 7.125 mg remeron I am taking or the slow & quick release melatonin is messing up my healing. Really want to get off of the remeron.

3. My CNS is so sensitive and the 18 months on klonopin, z drugs, etc. really screwed me up. Stress, types of foods look like they set me off.

Really beat down and depressed. Trying to tell myself it will get better.  Just worn out.

Seeking.

Sending you a warm hug, Seeking.

Do your very best each day, stay strong and soon your healing will come.

[da...]

Seeking, I hope you are okay. 

I don't know much about Benzo recovery but it seems like everyone does heal eventually and that's something to hold onto.  In my worst moments I always add "and I will get better" to everything I say!

"I feel like a mac truck ran me over......and I will get better." :)

I'm 16 months off short term use Klonopin Cold Turkey. My ears still scream and my right outer thigh still tingling and burning. My nerves still get sensitive sometimes and stomach pain also. It's been a long hard ride. It's relentless !!

Seeking, I hope you are okay. 

I don't know much about Benzo recovery but it seems like everyone does heal eventually and that's something to hold onto.  In my worst moments I always add "and I will get better" to everything I say!

"I feel like a mac truck ran me over......and I will get better." :)

Rodgerthat very nice and thoughtful words. How are you doing?

Seeking.

Sending you a warm hug, Seeking.

Do your very best each day, stay strong and soon your healing will come.

Pixie777. Thank you so much. Sending a hug back to you.

Happy Sunday all. Today marks 19 weeks off of klonopin. Still really a tough road. The problem I have is not knowing if some of my symptoms are post benzo related or Remeron related. My main symptoms are still head sensitivity/tingling, ear ringing, sometimes burning throughout my body and sometimes heart palpitations.

I regret going on the Remeron. I went on it because of sleep issues. I would encourage all to try natural remedies before adding another drug. I wished I had. It did help sleep. I never went above 7.5 mg. I take the Remeron with 15 mg of melatonin to get about 6 hrs of sleep a night.

I have tried tapering Remeron and am down to about 6.6 mg but believe my CNS is way too sensitive for another taper right now. As much as I hate to, I have to try to hold and stabilize where I am at.

Beaten down and worn out the drug w/d issues are way worse than my original tinnitus. My journey is now 2 yrs and about 4 months. Tinnitus then TMJ and now dealing with the w/d issues.

I am still fighting the fight and trying to add RodgerThat's statement to how I feel..I feel very beat up but now but I will get better.

This tests the human endurance. We are all stronger than we may think.

Best wishes to all.

Seeking.

Seeking  -

Just a note to send some care and encouragement! Please be careful tapering the Rem so soon after your jump. Especially with all of these wild sxs you're still having. It may not be the Rem that's causing this. These are classic benzo w/d CNS injury sxs. Rem side effects are typically weight gain and nightmares/dark thoughts, and very occasionally akathisia, but not what you are detailing. But Rem w/d can be rough and it would be rough to get Rem w/d on top of benzo w/d.

Of course, you need to trust yourself.

Sending lots of care to you. Keep checking in.

Openroad  :hug:

Thanks openroad.

I have been holding remeron. Thank you for all the posit feedback. In the back of my mind I cannot but think is the remeron causing some of my symptoms.

Sending lots of care back to you. I hope you are doing as well as can be.

Seeking

Happy Sunday all. Today marks 19 weeks off of klonopin. Still really a tough road. The problem I have is not knowing if some of my symptoms are post benzo related or Remeron related. My main symptoms are still head sensitivity/tingling, ear ringing, sometimes burning throughout my body and sometimes heart palpitations.

I regret going on the Remeron. I went on it because of sleep issues. I would encourage all to try natural remedies before adding another drug. I wished I had. It did help sleep. I never went above 7.5 mg. I take the Remeron with 15 mg of melatonin to get about 6 hrs of sleep a night.

I have tried tapering Remeron and am down to about 6.6 mg but believe my CNS is way too sensitive for another taper right now. As much as I hate to, I have to try to hold and stabilize where I am at.

Beaten down and worn out the drug w/d issues are way worse than my original tinnitus. My journey is now 2 yrs and about 4 months. Tinnitus then TMJ and now dealing with the w/d issues.

I am still fighting the fight and trying to add RodgerThat's statement to how I feel..I feel very beat up but now but I will get better.

This tests the human endurance. We are all stronger than we may think.

Best wishes to all.

Seeking.

IMO the remeron is not hurting you

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all.

My 6 month update.

Improving but slowly.

Current symptoms are ear ringing, tingling in forehead, and side of face and sometimes burning in legs.

Very sensitive to various foods.

Sleep is ok with 6.3 mg if mirt and 20 mg melatonin.

Still struggle with what I could have done differently but not sure it would have mattered.

Trying to look forward.

I hope my story and experience can help others. Would not wish this on any enemy.

Seeking

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all. Literally welcome to our h$ll. Just past 26 weeks and my heart is racing and the right side of my head is tingling and some burning throughout my body. Trying to figure out triggers if any and just trying to hang on and tell myself that 26 weeks is really not that long.

May seek further counseling, not sure. I know I need to accept what is and keep moving forward but not go backwards (the benzo lies keep calling). I have a lot of anger still at getting into this mess in the first place and trusting doctors. I am also angry at myself because I know I tapered with the best information I had and when I dry micro tapered down to .121 klonopin I really thought milk titration was the best for me. I cannot say it does not work for others because there are posts where it has, and I tried to be as precise as I could. Looking back if I did milk titration again I would not use a whole pill to make the  batch..I would have used a increment right near where I was at...since I was at .121 mg I should have cut down to .125 mg and used that to make a batch or I should have stayed dry. Did I screw up switching to liquid and the approach I took to liquid..Too many should, would, coulds...my brain is still working and gets in the way.

I am on remeron measuring with a scale...down to 6.11 mg and weighs around .042 grams. But as we know scales fluctuate....for all I know I may not be getting a consistent does of remeron and that is amping up my CNS as well. Feel like quitting that but know that is a bad idea.

I can so much relate to all who completed the taper journey yet to begin another one in healing. I get depressed seeing others who have tapered and are doing much better than me (I really am happy for them)...I just so want to share in that experience and cannot help wondering why not me.

All we can do is fight minute by minute hour by hour day by day and hope our day will come. Worn down and worn out.

Healing to everyone

Seeking

I'm so sorry you're still miserable, its so unfair when you tapered so long and so carefully to feel this bad after jumping.  I know I've mentioned to you before that I don't feel you did anything wrong with your taper, this is just you now, your genetics, I believe they're controlling this phase. 

I've probably asked you this before but why are you tapering the Remeron while in recovery?

Thank you Pam.

I was trying to inch down on the remeron as I have in my mind it is inhibiting my recovery.

On the other hand it could be amping up my already sensitive Cns.

I'm leaning towards the Remeron taper hurting you more than helping, would you be willing to hold it for now?