are opioids the same as benzo with 'Tolerance, Kindling, WD,) some info pls?

[19...]

see title, thank you

please don't delete my tread, because doctors don't provide me with the right info on this. They say no tolerance, but i know it's different. I can't suffer more then this because of more iatrogenic damage. Thankyou

Well as there is currently an Opioid crises in the US, I would say they are pretty hard to stop the same as Benzo's, but I have no personal experience. With regards to kindling, IF this website is to believed YES they can cause kindling.

"Opiates

Opiates also present kindling with both the acceleration of withdrawal symptom development and the worsening of withdrawals over binge using periods. Once opiate addiction has been achieved with one substance, any other opiate will present kindling symptoms. This is true even with potent opiates like heroin and the subsequent use of less potent opiates like codeine. Once an individual has developed a physical dependency on opiates any opiate will produce kindling effects."

https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Talk:Kindling

Hopefully someone with some 1st hand experience can give you some advice.

This is my experience, I am not offering any medical advice: A pure opiate will cause physical dependence.  Your body will get used to the dose, then need a higher dose to achieve the same effects. I have never heard of kindling with opiates.

However, you are not at risk of death if you cold turkey an opiate, unlike benzos or alcohol. You will likely go through a painful withdrawal of 7 - 10 days (like a bad flu), and then, you are off the opiate.  There is no prolonged withdrawal period after that like there is with benzos.  You may feel miserable and might crave the drug or may need time for your body to start producing its own dopamine again, but those are mostly mild psychological symptoms.

I have kicked opiates more than once, I did taper down to a small amount first, then took a week off from work and did it.  That's why this benzo withdrawal is so frustrating in comparison - the length of time is unbelievable.

There is also the issue of combining opiates with benzos, there is a high risk of overdose, definitely not recommended.

• 1 month later...

My experience with opiates. Took vicodin for one year. Came off CT no problem. Tired and that’s all

Took again. This time for 5 years. Stopped CT. And holy hell. No physical withdrawl only mental. Extreme anxiety. Extreme depression. Still happening and it’s been 20 months. I tried taking again to see if it helped and nope. Not all all

So opiate withdrawl isn’t just a week and that’s it. The psychological effects can last years. My CNS was already compromised. But it still can last a long long time