Twenty-Third Month Anniversary!

[Ga...]

Yesterday I celebrated my twenty-third month of freedom from Valium, and was blessed with a wonderful window of sunshine and a celebratory lunch outside at a local lakeside restaurant!  I am having longer and longer windows (a recent one lasted a blissful one month) and shorter and less symptomatic waves!!!  I still get the headaches, but much less often and they don’t last as long.  I am sleeping like a log with a good seven to nine hours a night, which, I believe, makes the morning after so much better.  So, what is left: the worst symptom I started with….the headaches and weird head sensations; some minor GI issues, and ……… that’s basically it.  My exercise tolerance has increased, but I still have to be careful not to overdo.  Most of my food sensitivities have lightened, and I am once AGAIN a member of WW (previously known as weight watchers).  The weight gain is unwelcome and more difficult to get off post-benzo, but I am hopeful that with the warmer weather coming I can move more and aid in the weight loss!

So, there you have it, an update which should encourage all buddies that no matter the age, recovery does happen!  I am 74 and still kicking, and can’t wait to get back to my normal world of swimming, gardening, socializing, and just living and loving all that I hold dear!

Healing Hugs,

GG

Well done GG, that's great. I'm 23 months in a few weeks, although did have a major setback which I'm 16 months from. So unfortunately not doing as well as you. But very happy for you, hopefully see your success story soon xx

Hi, Having a Mare.  Your day is coming, so just dig down deep and hold on!  The darn setbacks are so hard to accept and move on from…..I had some antibiotics early on in the hospital, and now know they certainly set me back!  I was given Cipro for a bad kidney infection, serious enough that I was hospitalized for several days.  Of course, I did not know anything about that class of drugs at the time.  Heck, I did not know that the Valium was a major part of my bad health!

Well, we certainly have had to learn on the fly so much from this bwd journey, but in the end we will be wiser and kinder and thankful and grateful!!!!

Hugs,

GG

GardenGuru:  So, so happy for you!!!  Way to go!!!    Thanks for all the encouragement, hope and love you have provided all of us on BenzoBuddies!  Your amazing attitude and positivity has been inspirational and has helped me tremendously.    Please continue to update us!

Lisa

Hi Lisa, I am not going anywhere anytime soon!  Even when I have reached the final window, I will stay in touch because benzo buddies/friends are such very special people, and I would miss the camaraderie and the “All for one and one for all” spirit.

How are you doing…..please catch me up on you, dear friend, because I sincerely care about you!  And, how is your Dad?

Hugs,

GG

Hi Kanoba, I sent you a pm earlier this day asking after you.  I hope you are continuing to heal and will begin to have more and more days symptom free….you so deserve it!!!

Hugs,

GG

Hello nomoreklonopin.  You will find lots of support on the benzo forum boards, which will give you hope all the way through your own benzo recovery journey!

Keep the faith🙏

GG

GG - so glad to hear about how well you are doing. I can really relate to the sleep bit. When sleep finally came back for me, it made everything so much better. Enjoy and be well!

Hi ScaredCat.  My symptoms usually only last a few hours when I have them.  If I wake up with a headache it usually fades out by mid-morning.  My last window lasted a month with no symptoms and my last wave lasted about five days….but my symptoms did not last all day!

I pray you will continue to see healing in your own personal path to recovery!

GG

GG - soo happy for you! I pray continued healing and joy in your life. Sorry we had to meet on here but I've enjoyed our chats over this past year!

Trina

GG.  So happy for you!!!!!!  Lots of love your way.  Your so kind,sweet,loving so this is a great

Reward.  :-*  Kudos2