Tapering off 4mg of lorazepam- When to jump?

[He...]

Hey guys, I’ve been tapering off lorazepam since the summer. I’m currently at 0.18mg split into two doses (0.125mg in the morning and 0.062mg at night). I was wondering when it would be a good time to jump? My planned taper for the remainder is this

Current 0.18mg

Taper to 0.12mg (eliminate the 0.062mg at night)

Then taper to 0.062mg

Then jump!

Does this sound okay?

Goodness healthfighter, I just looked at your signature and you've done an amazing job with your taper and you are almost finished.  Kudos to you!  Pam makes a good point - your jump should be based not only on where you are in terms of dose but also your symptoms.  I tried jumping at 0.25mg and I wasn't stable enough at that dose.  I reinstated, tapered to 0.01mg, and I did fine with that.

All the best to you!

It looks good to me but how are you feeling, have your symptoms been manageable?

Hi Pam. Symptoms have been manageable. The only time it got bad was after I complete eliminated my midday dose. I felt woozy/off balance for about a month. So I kinda figure that a similar thing will happen after my next taper when I get rid of the nightly dose. Kinda scary. I’ve been cutting pills for so long it’s weird to think it might be over soon-ish

Goodness healthfighter, I just looked at your signature and you've done an amazing job with your taper and you are almost finished.  Kudos to you!  Pam makes a good point - your jump should be based not only on where you are in terms of dose but also your symptoms.  I tried jumping at 0.25mg and I wasn't stable enough at that dose.  I reinstated, tapered to 0.01mg, and I did fine with that.

All the best to you!

Hi Kate. Thank you for your encouraging words. My taper has definitely been symptom based. Sometimes I would go multiple tapers with no WD and then boom terrible WDs. It’s been a rollercoaster. I’m just scared of “jumping”. I don’t know why but after doing this for months the idea is scary

All the best to you!

Hi Kate. Thank you for your encouraging words. My taper has definitely been symptom based. Sometimes I would go multiple tapers with no WD and then boom terrible WDs. It’s been a rollercoaster. I’m just scared of “jumping”. I don’t know why but after doing this for months the idea is scary

I've said this before at BB but I was terrified of jumping too,  After 21 years on benzos, I felt 'naked' without them.  And looking back, there was some grief, too.  During the taper I had a 'job' to do - get off benzos.  Without the taper 'project', I was, for the first time in many years, divorced from benzos!  I was overjoyed and nervous at the same time.  Thank goodness for BenzoBuddies because I still came here and had that involvement.  That is my perspective anyway, for what it is worth - I do understand where you are coming from.