Switching to compound liquid

[91...]

[91...]
I used liquid for my last taper and it worked well. Going to switch back for this taper as well. I am currently on tablets. Is there a method for switching over? Thank you.

In addition to the questions Kate08 asked ...

What is your daily dosing schedule (i.e. how many milligrams of diazepam do you take at what times)?

What strength tablets do you have?  Would your prescriber be willing to prescribe a combination of lower strength tablets (e.g. 2mg) and liquid?

Strategies that have worked well for members in the past include:

(1) Use a combination of regular tablets and liquid as long as possible.

(2) Switch a portion of one dose to liquid, then hold at that dose (no reductions) to gauge your response to  the liquid. 

[91...]

Hello - thanks for the responses

It is compounded at 1mg/1ml (same compound I used last time). My current dose right now is 15mgs per day.

2.5mg taken at 10am

2.5 mg taken at 4pm

10mgs taken at 10pm

Thank you

Got it.  This is your taper so it’s totally your call as to how to proceed.  If it were me, I would conduct a mini-test of the liquid to verify equivalency (e.g. switch one or maybe both of the smaller, day-time doses to liquid, hold, then evaluate my response).

Got it.  This is your taper so it’s totally your call as to how to proceed.  If it were me, I would conduct a mini-test of the liquid to verify equivalency (e.g. switch one or maybe both of the smaller, day-time doses to liquid, hold, then evaluate my response).

Great suggestion Lib!

[91...]
Sounds great! I will give this a shot. Is it normal to be really shaky? I have only been on this higher dose for a month so I think my body is MAD.

Sounds great! I will give this a shot. Is it normal to be really shaky? I have only been on this higher dose for a month so I think my body is MAD.

Shakiness is part of it for many of us.  But in your situation, where you are doing some decision-making and looking at a change, it is very understandable.

[91...]
Totally - I’m very torn at this time if I should do a long taper or come off quickly seeing I’ve only been at this 15mgs for one month. I’m not sure what to do