Author Topic: Any thoughts on Tapering while crossing over from 4.5mg A to 45mg V  (Read 865 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Any thoughts on Tapering while crossing over from 4.5mg A to 45mg V
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2022, 09:04:07 am »
Hey [...] and [...],
Thanks for the reply.
I feel that my worst days are the days were my sleep is terrible.
When I have my most difficult day, I usually have a better night sleep because I am so exhausted.
Last night, my sleep was not so bad. Today has not been too bad.
I feel as I cut the Valium I am going back to the days when all my problems started. I feel the 30mg of Remeron is not working anymore.
As I decrease the Valium, I feel the Remeron more and it's increasing my anxiety.
I worry that the more I will reduce the Valium the less stable I will get.
My plan is to cut on Friday by 1mg my night time dose.
Right now: 40mg = 9mg in the AM, 7mg in AFT and 24mg in the evening.
My doctor wants me to try to add another medication.
I have resisted so far but I have not felt well for over 6 months.
I fear that I might feel bad enough where I will be tempted to add another drug to try to get better.
Anyway, I am not sure all my thoughts are clear, but I find my plan as I had envisioned it is not working.
Thanks for the support.
[...]

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Any thoughts on Tapering while crossing over from 4.5mg A to 45mg V
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2022, 02:37:41 pm »
Rather than adding another medication, how would you feel about holding the Valium and tapering the Remeron?  There is a support group thread for members who are trying to get off of it, maybe you could check there to see if this would help.  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=80102.0
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.