Author Topic: Any thoughts on Tapering while crossing over from 4.5mg A to 45mg V  (Read 849 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Any thoughts on Tapering while crossing over from 4.5mg A to 45mg V
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2022, 08:20:17 am »
Hey [...],
I have been reading on the remeron on different forums and I am aware that it will be a long challenging road if I need to taper the remeron from 30mg. My biggest worry is sleep and I am not sure how it will be in the days to come. I have mentioned this already but I am getting good sleep every other night. The days I feel I sleep well I feel the valium super sedating in the days of good sleep. The next night I don't sleep well but don't feel as tired. I can't begin to explain this.
Thanks Ativan 75
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2022, 01:25:31 pm »
I understand prioritizing sleep, we do what we have to do, I'm relieved you've done your homework and have made an informed decision.  :thumbsup:

Don't try to explain or make sense of this stuff, at least not to us, we know how bizarre this stuff is, I'm just glad you're sleeping okay some nights. 
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2022, 02:56:15 am »
Hey [...],
I have been reading on the remeron on different forums and I am aware that it will be a long challenging road if I need to taper the remeron from 30mg. My biggest worry is sleep and I am not sure how it will be in the days to come. I have mentioned this already but I am getting good sleep every other night. The days I feel I sleep well I feel the valium super sedating in the days of good sleep. The next night I don't sleep well but don't feel as tired. I can't begin to explain this.
Thanks Ativan 75
Hi A75, Iím on 30mg of Remeron and based on what Iíve read and experienced it is more sleep benefit at the lower doses of 7.5 and 15mg. I would stay at 15 if I were you or even drop yo 7.5
My psych raised me to 30 thinking it wud help with benzo wd anxiety and depression but she was wrong. My sleep got worse when I raised it and it does nothing for my benZo wd. Now I have to worry about getting off of it when Iím done with the Valium.
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2022, 07:55:14 am »
hey [...],
I was on 15 mg of remeron when all my problems started. i made the mistake to take ativan which i am crossing over to valium.
For 4 months i felt awful on only 15 mg of remeron. I did not know what to do.
if i were to do it all over i would have tried to lower my remeron to 7.5mg.
But i was not sleeping when I was on 15 mg remeron.
i am on the 30 mg now and will be on 45 mg of valium.
both my psych and my wife wanted me to go up dose to 30mg.
Thanks
ativan 75

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2022, 07:03:38 am »
Hello Everyone,
I finished my crossover.
I has been much harder than anticipated.
I am at 43mg valium now 10 mg in the am, .8 mg in the the afternoon and 25mg at night.
I feel more depressed and I feel I sleep well every other night.
My sleep is not great . I feel the remeron is not helping in that dept.
My days are also good and bad every other day.
I also feel more anxiety.
I am planning to cut to 41 mg this Friday.
My doctor wanted me to add something called lurasidone . I have not.
Thanks
Ativan 75

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2022, 03:58:22 pm »
Thank you for documenting what you're feeling, it helps me let other members know what they might expect.  I'm sorry you're feeling depression, did you have it before you crossed?  I've heard what the Valium causes goes away as you get used to it.

Are you sure cutting 2 mgs is the best thing to do, maybe starting with one might be better to see how you react. 

I wonder why you're feeling bad every other day, have you looked at your other medications, supplements or food?  I'd hold off on the Lurasidone too, whatever it is.  :-\

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2022, 07:17:22 pm »
[...], I hope you start to feel better on the Valium soon!  For me, it makes me fall asleep very quickly and stay asleep.  It's sedating for me, but I will do what it takes to get off of these evil Benzos.  I actually sleep much better now then when I was just on Xanax XR.  I am no expert by any means and just started tapering again last month after a failed crossover (in-experienced psychiatrist), but am now never giving up.  I taper 1mg every 2 weeks, but everyone is different and has to go at their own pace- as evidenced by your inability to sleep better with Valium. 
I wish you all the best

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2022, 07:24:55 am »
Hello everyone,
I have tapered very slowly. 1mg every week but I am struggling.
I am down to 40mg valium but I am feeling worse every week.
I am still on 30mg Remeron.
My sleep has gotten worse on Valium. In the morning I just don't want to get out of bed.
My depression is worse than ever.
I never thought it would be so difficult.
I am not sure what to do to get better.
Most days my sleep is terrible, those days are endless and I feel anxious and have awful headaches.
Every few days, I get a good sleep, then my day is better and my depression decreases.
Anyway, Just wanted to update my situation.
Thanks
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2022, 03:39:53 pm »
You sound so miserable, I feel terrible for you, I'm sorry the Valium hasn't treated you well.  Some members find they need to go slower than 1 mg every week, perhaps .5 every week or 1 mg every two weeks would give you some relief.

How do you feel after a reduction, what day do the symptoms hit you and what day do they ease up enough to allow you the confidence to make another reduction?  Are you paying attention to your symptoms in order to decide if it's time to reduce again, you know we suggest symptom based tapers, right?

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2022, 03:44:22 pm »
Hello everyone,
I have tapered very slowly. 1mg every week but I am struggling.
I am down to 40mg valium but I am feeling worse every week.
I am still on 30mg Remeron.
My sleep has gotten worse on Valium. In the morning I just don't want to get out of bed.
My depression is worse than ever.
I never thought it would be so difficult.
I am not sure what to do to get better.
Most days my sleep is terrible, those days are endless and I feel anxious and have awful headaches.
Every few days, I get a good sleep, then my day is better and my depression decreases.
Anyway, Just wanted to update my situation.
Thanks
[...]
Hi Ativan, I was having the same problem when I started the Valium I was having headaches at night and getting sleep every other night. It got better as I tapered the Valium.  The one thing that helped me was to try and clear my head of thoughts when I went to bed. I know itís easier said than done but I found if I just let myself relax and just try to not think about benzos tapering etc I cud fall into a very good deep sleep. I still have to keep my thoughts from racing and not thinking about all this misery
I hope this helps
[...]