When does a benzo become addictive. /after 2 weeks?

[...]

I read somewhere that you become dependent on a benzo after 2 /3 weeks use. If you have an operation they give you a benzo but that doesn't mean you are hooked. Can anyone tell me after how long the benzo becomes a dependence?  Thanks

I think it all depends on the individual.  Some people are on years and come off with no problem.  Some people are on it for a short time and become dependent.  As you can see from my signature line, I found out I was dependent on my 16th day of usage!  I am now finishing by 8th month of recovery and still not fully healed.  And some say that Temazepam that I was on is one of the less strong benzos.  It is really like playing Russian roulette - one never knows what the benzo will do to a particular person.

This link might be helpful to you regarding your question:

https://www.center4research.org/fda-updates-black-box-warning-for-benzodiazepines/#:~:text=Benzodiazepines%20already%20have%20a%20black,%2C%20comas%2C%20and%20even%20death.

I don't think anyone knows at what point dependency and/or addiction occur but benzos are only recommended for short-term (2-4 weeks) use because of these very issues.  Another helpful link:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/7525193/

I was told (after my CT) that for use any longer than 2 weeks you need to taper because dependence can and does occur. It's generally only prescribed in a lot of EU countries for a max of 7 days because of this. BUT it still amazes me that most doctors seem to know this, yet have absolutely no idea why!! Not a clue what WD actually to you once dependant.

I was told (after my CT) that for use any longer than 2 weeks you need to taper because dependence can and does occur. It's generally only prescribed in a lot of EU countries for a max of 7 days because of this. BUT it still amazes me that most doctors seem to know this, yet have absolutely no idea why!! Not a clue what WD actually to you once dependant.

I totally agree...I too am amazed. Very sad to see this level of not knowing something they should know by now.