Body only wants to sleep during the day.

[Th...]

I got some light blocking curtains to help with anxiety triggered sunlight in the morning. I also let myself sleep later into the day because I didn't want to be awake and night time was calmer.

I need more than 8 hours to feel rested and not worsen my symptoms

I fall asleep at 6am and wake up at 7pm.

I tried going to bed earlier

I woke up at 7pm and tried to go to sleep at 3am. I couldn't go to sleep and am just lay there awake.

I tried going to bed later.

I tried staying up from 7pm to noon they next day. Staying up later made anxiety, aches, breathing, and mood worse. I fell asleep at 1pm and still woke up at 7pm, with rough sleep. I could not stay asleep afterward.

I know its good to get sleep whenever we can. but I need to go to doctor appointments. And it might be good for me to see the sun.

Do I try more melatonin? Do I force myself to stay up later again?

What do I do?

Your signature says you are still on Klonopin .5mg and some other Rx drugs.  As long as you are on a Benzo, you're not doing yourself any favors...not sure if you are tapering, etc.

Plus it looks like you are getting a lot of sleep each day but you are on a different schedule or rhythm?  Melatonin can help with adjusting your rhythm.

I'd taper off of the K-pin and give your body a chance to heal on it's own...

Good luck.

I have issues with timing on sleep, but I'm not off the norm as far as you are. My shift is more in the range of falling asleep between 4 and 6 a.m. and waking up around 11 a.m. I am thankful I am getting reasonable hours of sleep after not getting much during taper, but being off the typical schedule is still stressful.

The late morning wake up time complicates life. It seems the whole world wants to knock things out first thing in the morning. Members of my family celebrate the early birds and make negative comments about people who "lay up in the bed half the day." Medical offices always want to give me the earliest possible appt. ETC.

I've tried a ton of sleep hygiene things and have tried to move my hours back with no luck. Still working on it. I'll try to remember to get in touch if I find a way to change the hours up. I see my GP tomorrow about this but do not hold out a ton of hope.

stitch, you need to go to sleep at night and wake up during the day.  Sleeping all day is not good for the mind or body and is known to cause depression from what I've read. 

I'd sleep when you can get sleep.  People that work the night shift sleep during the day with no issues.  I have friends that have stayed awake through the night for work for over 30 years and they did not develop depression or any other condition.

I'd try to slowly move your sleep schedule by going to bed later and later each day...maybe move it by 15 to 30 minutes every week until you get back to sleeping at night?