33 days want to reinstate

[Do...]

Good for you, keep at it. The booze is the devil!

booze is the devil, yet Benzo rescue doses are ok? Strange outlook you have there. I'm fairly sure we are all here because of meds not booze

Alcohol does a lot of things. One of the things is does is act as a positive allosteric modulator of GABA receptors. Just like a benzodiazepine.

If it were me, I'd look at alcohol as if it were another drug (because that's what it is) and work on my discontinuation of benzodiazepines in light of the fact that I'm taking another drug with a similar effect. Coming off both at one time might be too much, depending on how much of a drinker you are.

As far as rescue doses, people have limits to what they can endure. I've gutted through things for the last 6 years and I'm still not free from the effects of these drugs. If someone has reached their limit I'm certainly not going to judge them for it. If you have to take a rescue dose, don't make a habit of it and try to move on with getting off these awful meds.

I would like to reinstate so the anxiety and insomnia will go away, but I don't think my doctor will give them to me.

I have only drank when I ran out of pills and when I quit for three weeks.  I want to quit drinking? But haven't been able to.  That's why I want to reinstate.

I just want to sleep and be free of fear.  The drinking is making me feel sick as I am taking traz and another drug

How long did you taper? Do I understand you were taking 30mg termazepam and took it to 0mg in 30 days?

Termazepam is a lousy drug to taper on due to it's very short half life. You've been on z-drugs and now benzos for 5 years. In my opinion, you shouldn't be rapidly tapering anything. This is probably why you're so extremely miserable.

In my opinion, what you should have done is to have listened to Ashton and converted from termazepam over to diazepam and then have tapered that over some reasonable time frame which is certainly going to be longer than a month.  Do you think you could find a doctor that would support that?

You are going to be uncomfortable in tapering off these awful drugs. But that should be minimized as much as possible.

It is say 36 with no pills.  I have anxiety this morning.  I had a few drinks.  I am having withdrawal anxiety and insomnia without the restoril. 

Doom

Alcohol is not recommended for at least 24 months after you feel healed it can cause sx to ramp up.  You are causing more problems then it’s worth.  You need to stay clean to help yourself.  Eat healthy as you can, distract and get sone excercise.  You are still in acute withdrawal just accept it.  You are going to heal but need to quit pills and alcohol.

Nothing is going to help the sx.  If you reinstate that’s fine but is no guarantee it will help or how long it will help you.  It’s up to you but make a decision and do it.  Maybe reinstate and taper.  But BB is here to help those who are tapering or off meds.  Drinking is a huge trigger for sx.  Tell your brother to get on BB and read about what you are going through so you have in person support. How old are you?