33 days want to reinstate

[Do...]

I have quit pills for 18 days but I am having anxiety and insomnia since I quit.  I asked the doctor to take me off the pills so I can't reinstate.  I am miserable.

It looks like you're finally benzo free Dom, and this is a good thing, your body can begin to recover from the Zopiclone and Temazepam.  I know its awful but the only way out of this is through and you're working your way through.  Have you read this post, it talks about the different stages of recovery. Four Phases of Withdrawal-Where Are You?

Yeah I  benzo free.  I haven't read it.  How long does it take to withdraw?  I woke up at three exhausted and afraid of having a panic attack.  I miss my brother.  He called last night.  I am going to see him next Tuesday or Wed, but I have to stay at a hotel and don't know if I can do that with anxiety.

It takes a long time to recover from the damage done by the drug so do your best to avoid stress because that seems to make symptoms worse.  Also, many choose not to drink because the brain can't distinguish between alcohol and benzo's since they affect the same part of the brain.

Thanks yeah I am Stressed out as I was staying at my brother's for a year and a half and he had a stroke.  I had to stay at home since January except when I was at my sisters.  I  going to see my brother soon.  I have had to drink to keep away the panic, but I am still having panick.  I am seeing the doctor today about My anxiety.  There is a wind storm and the power went out for a while which is stressful as it's really cold and no way to cook if it goes out again.

The doctor gave me escrotalopram for anxiety, but I don't want to take it the side effects is too bad.  I have been taking trazafone for three weeks to sleep.  I want to get off it.  I been drinking and getting weird Sensations in my nose and extreme fear for 3 weeks

Oh I forgot to say I been 27 days benzo free and my brother wants me to come stay for a little while.  I am going to see him this Saturday or sunday.  I feel terrible since I left his place and my sisters

The doctor gave me escrotalopram for anxiety, but I don't want to take it the side effects is too bad.  I have been taking trazafone for three weeks to sleep.  I want to get off it.  I been drinking and getting weird Sensations in my nose and extreme fear for 3 weeks

Dom1, Pamster said it above but I want to emphasize that alcohol can keep you in the loop of withdrawl and it should be avoided for a long time after getting off benzos.  You might consider looking into a 12 step group where you live if you have a drinking issue.  Not a few of our members are in recovery - me included.

I have only been drinking for three weeks, but want to quit as I can't clean or cook when I am drunk.

I feel scared even on it

I Do some 12 steps groups

Dom, do you mean to say that you're taking Trazodone now?  That should help you sleep.  I took it once and it's very sedating.

SSRI's can be overstimulating

It's been 31 days and I am having anxiety.  I drank a bit a wine.  I have an itchy scalp like flaming itchy as I don't know what is causing it.  I just want some Ativan so I can feel normal.

Of course you want some Ativan or alcohol - that is natural when that has become our solution.  I went through that as well and still do at times.  What seems to work for me is the One Day at a Time approach.  All I have to do is get through this one day as best I can and I'll take tomorrow when it comes.

You can do this Dom81.  :thumbsup:

I woke up at 3 with anxiety.

I want to reinstate.  The anxiety is too bad.  I am going to ask the doctor to reinstate.  The insomnia and anxiety is intolerable since I asked the doctor to take me off them.  My skin is flaming itch and I am worried about that.  Also, I have tooth pain and a dental appointment today.  Also? My church shutdown and that made me upset.

I want to reinstate.  The anxiety is too bad.  I am going to ask the doctor to reinstate.  The insomnia and anxiety is intolerable since I asked the doctor to take me off them.  My skin is flaming itch and I am worried about that.  Also, I have tooth pain and a dental appointment today.  Also? My church shutdown and that made me upset.

Are you still drinking?

Good for you, keep at it. The booze is the devil!

booze is the devil, yet Benzo rescue doses are ok? Strange outlook you have there. I'm fairly sure we are all here because of meds not booze

No, you are wrong. I we are here because we are all addicts of some description and want to heal and rid ourselves of poison we take. If you want to carry on drinking, its your choice

No, you are wrong. I we are here because we are all addicts of some description and want to heal and rid ourselves of poison we take. If you want to carry on drinking, its your choice

I don't drink, and I'm certainly not an addict. I find that very insulting actually. You keep taking those rescue doses, I'm sure they'll help your recovery

I definitely wasn’t addicted to Benzos personally. I put them down and never picked them back up after realizing what they were doing to me. I wasn’t ever tempted to take one again. I don’t think everyone here is an addict. Accidental addiction, sure, but most people here were following their doctor’s orders and are only “addicted” because they’ve been tricked into thinking the medicine they were taking was safe for long-term usage.

Dom, I’m sorry to say, but substituting alcohol for Benzos isn’t going to help your recovery time. I have heard people say that alcohol hits all the same receptors in your brain as Benzos. It’s hard to heal from something like Benzo withdrawals when you’re still drinking. You’re just prolonging your experience unfortunately. I know it’s hard, but if you want to heal, you’ll have to do it without substituting one habit-forming substance for another. I don’t think a single person joined this forum because they were enjoying their withdrawal experience. It sucks and it’s terrible, but if you have any chance of making it out the other side, you’ll have to bite the bullet and do what we all did. Suffer through it until it’s over. Or keep doing what you’re doing, I guess, but that really doesn’t seem super effective.

Dom81, if you feel reinstating is in your best interest, this is your choice, we're not here to talk you into our out of what you think is best for you. 

As for dependence vs addiction, this topic has been heatedly debated here through the years, personally I prefer no labels but I'd say 99% of our members are dependent, I however belong to the other 1% so I'm very, very fortunate to be free and recovered.