Author Topic: 33 days want to reinstate  (Read 911 times)

[Buddie]

Re: 33 days want to reinstate
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2022, 10:21:24 am »
Good for you, keep at it. The booze is the devil!

booze is the devil, yet Benzo rescue doses are ok? Strange outlook you have there. I'm fairly sure we are all here because of meds not booze
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2022, 10:27:01 am »
No, you are wrong. I we are here because we are all addicts of some description and want to heal and rid ourselves of poison we take. If you want to carry on drinking, its your choice
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2022, 10:32:23 am »
No, you are wrong. I we are here because we are all addicts of some description and want to heal and rid ourselves of poison we take. If you want to carry on drinking, its your choice

I don't drink, and I'm certainly not an addict. I find that very insulting actually. You keep taking those rescue doses, I'm sure they'll help your recovery

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2022, 11:04:59 am »

I definitely wasnít addicted to Benzos personally. I put them down and never picked them back up after realizing what they were doing to me. I wasnít ever tempted to take one again. I donít think everyone here is an addict. Accidental addiction, sure, but most people here were following their doctorís orders and are only ďaddictedĒ because theyíve been tricked into thinking the medicine they were taking was safe for long-term usage.

Dom, Iím sorry to say, but substituting alcohol for Benzos isnít going to help your recovery time. I have heard people say that alcohol hits all the same receptors in your brain as Benzos. Itís hard to heal from something like Benzo withdrawals when youíre still drinking. Youíre just prolonging your experience unfortunately. I know itís hard, but if you want to heal, youíll have to do it without substituting one habit-forming substance for another. I donít think a single person joined this forum because they were enjoying their withdrawal experience. It sucks and itís terrible, but if you have any chance of making it out the other side, youíll have to bite the bullet and do what we all did. Suffer through it until itís over. Or keep doing what youíre doing, I guess, but that really doesnít seem super effective.

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2022, 03:31:57 pm »
I woke up at 3 with anxiety.
I want to reinstate.  The anxiety is too bad.  I am going to ask the doctor to reinstate.  The insomnia and anxiety is intolerable since I asked the doctor to take me off them.  My skin is flaming itch and I am worried about that.  Also, I have tooth pain and a dental appointment today.  Also? My church shutdown and that made me upset.

[...], if you feel reinstating is in your best interest, this is your choice, we're not here to talk you into our out of what you think is best for you. 

As for dependence vs addiction, this topic has been heatedly debated here through the years, personally I prefer no labels but I'd say 99% of our members are dependent, I however belong to the other 1% so I'm very, very fortunate to be free and recovered.

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2022, 04:28:04 pm »
Good for you, keep at it. The booze is the devil!

booze is the devil, yet Benzo rescue doses are ok? Strange outlook you have there. I'm fairly sure we are all here because of meds not booze

Alcohol does a lot of things. One of the things is does is act as a positive allosteric modulator of GABA receptors. Just like a benzodiazepine.

If it were me, I'd look at alcohol as if it were another drug (because that's what it is) and work on my discontinuation of benzodiazepines in light of the fact that I'm taking another drug with a similar effect. Coming off both at one time might be too much, depending on how much of a drinker you are.

As far as rescue doses, people have limits to what they can endure. I've gutted through things for the last 6 years and I'm still not free from the effects of these drugs. If someone has reached their limit I'm certainly not going to judge them for it. If you have to take a rescue dose, don't make a habit of it and try to move on with getting off these awful meds.

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2022, 09:52:58 pm »
I would like to reinstate so the anxiety and insomnia will go away, but I don't think my doctor will give them to me.
I have only drank when I ran out of pills and when I quit for three weeks.  I want to quit drinking? But haven't been able to.  That's why I want to reinstate.
I just want to sleep and be free of fear.  The drinking is making me feel sick as I am taking traz and another drug

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2022, 11:26:42 pm »
How long did you taper? Do I understand you were taking 30mg termazepam and took it to 0mg in 30 days?

Termazepam is a lousy drug to taper on due to it's very short half life. You've been on z-drugs and now benzos for 5 years. In my opinion, you shouldn't be rapidly tapering anything. This is probably why you're so extremely miserable.

In my opinion, what you should have done is to have listened to Ashton and converted from termazepam over to diazepam and then have tapered that over some reasonable time frame which is certainly going to be longer than a month.  Do you think you could find a doctor that would support that?

You are going to be uncomfortable in tapering off these awful drugs. But that should be minimized as much as possible.

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2022, 03:09:00 pm »
It is say 36 with no pills.  I have anxiety this morning.  I had a few drinks.  I am having withdrawal anxiety and insomnia without the restoril. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2022, 03:22:30 pm »
Doom

Alcohol is not recommended for at least 24 months after you feel healed it can cause sx to ramp up.  You are causing more problems then itís worth.  You need to stay clean to help yourself.  Eat healthy as you can, distract and get sone excercise.  You are still in acute withdrawal just accept it.  You are going to heal but need to quit pills and alcohol.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 01:15:10 pm by [Buddie] »