Author Topic: 33 days want to reinstate  (Read 910 times)

[Buddie]

33 days want to reinstate
« on: February 20, 2022, 10:03:06 pm »
I have quit pills for 18 days but I am having anxiety and insomnia since I quit.  I asked the doctor to take me off the pills so I can't reinstate.  I am miserable.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: 33 days want to reinstate
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2022, 10:06:32 pm »
It looks like you're finally benzo free Dom, and this is a good thing, your body can begin to recover from the Zopiclone and Temazepam.  I know its awful but the only way out of this is through and you're working your way through.  Have you read this post, it talks about the different stages of recovery. Four Phases of Withdrawal-Where Are You?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2022, 11:50:48 am »
Yeah I  benzo free.  I haven't read it.  How long does it take to withdraw?  I woke up at three exhausted and afraid of having a panic attack.  I miss my brother.  He called last night.  I am going to see him next Tuesday or Wed, but I have to stay at a hotel and don't know if I can do that with anxiety.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2022, 12:57:33 pm »
It takes a long time to recover from the damage done by the drug so do your best to avoid stress because that seems to make symptoms worse.  Also, many choose not to drink because the brain can't distinguish between alcohol and benzo's since they affect the same part of the brain.

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2022, 02:09:50 pm »
Thanks yeah I am Stressed out as I was staying at my brother's for a year and a half and he had a stroke.  I had to stay at home since January except when I was at my sisters.  I  going to see my brother soon.  I have had to drink to keep away the panic, but I am still having panick.  I am seeing the doctor today about My anxiety.  There is a wind storm and the power went out for a while which is stressful as it's really cold and no way to cook if it goes out again.

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2022, 04:55:30 am »
Let us know what the doc says.

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2022, 10:16:49 pm »
Wishing you peace and a quick recovery

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2022, 07:16:17 pm »
The doctor gave me escrotalopram for anxiety, but I don't want to take it the side effects is too bad.  I have been taking trazafone for three weeks to sleep.  I want to get off it.  I been drinking and getting weird Sensations in my nose and extreme fear for 3 weeks

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2022, 07:19:54 pm »
Oh I forgot to say I been 27 days benzo free and my brother wants me to come stay for a little while.  I am going to see him this Saturday or sunday.  I feel terrible since I left his place and my sisters

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2022, 07:38:22 pm »
The doctor gave me escrotalopram for anxiety, but I don't want to take it the side effects is too bad.  I have been taking trazafone for three weeks to sleep.  I want to get off it.  I been drinking and getting weird Sensations in my nose and extreme fear for 3 weeks

Dom1, [...] said it above but I want to emphasize that alcohol can keep you in the loop of withdrawl and it should be avoided for a long time after getting off benzos.  You might consider looking into a 12 step group where you live if you have a drinking issue.  Not a few of our members are in recovery - me included.