Is PG off limits to use in a liquid taper if you already have tinnitus?

[fu...]

I've been thinking about starting my tapering again but I am still evaluating the method.

Where I live there is no Ora-Plus, but there is propylene glycol and there is vodka. Idk which one should I choose.

One thing is for sure: if PG can mess with my hearing, I prefer alternatives such as vodka.

The thing with water is that it didn't work well for me maybe due to the uneven doses.

Your thoughts are welcomed.

I used a water taper for the tail end of my taper.  The caveat with it is you need to shake it vigorously before dosing and dose immediately.  I had tinnitus during my taper but it has settled down now that I am healed.  I can't speak for the PG or the vodka since I didn't use either of those - I was too afraid of using alcohol although from my healed vantage point, it doesn't seem so omnious now.

No taper plan is without some hitches but I think with any taper plan, the key is to do your research and then pick the one that seems to feel most right to you and has the least amount of downside to you.  If the one you choose doesn't work out after a good trial. punt and try another one.

Where I live there is no Ora-Plus

Are you in the US? If so, OraPlus is available via Amazon. Also, Perrigo’s OraPlus is just one of many different suspending vehicles. Other manufacturers of vehicles include Fagron and Humco.  To learn more:

Cutaia K, Chablani L, Zhao F. Basics of Compounding: Vehicles for Compounded Oral Liquid Medications: A Review. Int J Pharm Compd. 2018 Nov-Dec;22(6):480-489. PMID: 30384349. Accessed online at: https://fisherpub.sjfc.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1189&context=pharmacy_facpub

Are these suspending vehicles efficient on creating an uniformly distributed solution?

Which one is better in terms of keeping the drug properties? PG? Vodka? Ora-Plus?

I used a water taper for the tail end of my taper.  The caveat with it is you need to shake it vigorously before dosing and dose immediately.  I had tinnitus during my taper but it has settled down now that I am healed.  I can't speak for the PG or the vodka since I didn't use either of those - I was too afraid of using alcohol although from my healed vantage point, it doesn't seem so omnious now.

No taper plan is without some hitches but I think with any taper plan, the key is to do your research and then pick the one that seems to feel most right to you and has the least amount of downside to you.  If the one you choose doesn't work out after a good trial. punt and try another one.

I am still over the fence about the solvent. Is water titration better in terms of symptoms safety compared to dry cutting?

Are these suspending vehicles efficient on creating an uniformly distributed solution?

Which one is better in terms of keeping the drug properties? PG? Vodka? Ora-Plus?

Some Titration FAQ's for you to read until someone comes along to answer your question.

I am still over the fence about the solvent. Is water titration better in terms of symptoms safety compared to dry cutting?

I didn't do a water taper because of safety.  It simply became too difficult to cut my pills when the dose got small so I switched to liquid.  The filing and weighing thing didn't appeal to me.  I chose plain water because that seems the best method for me.