What is the general consensus here on NAC?

[Hu...]

I've seen some say it completely alleviated their anxiety, whereas others have had setbacks.

I've been pretty good with tolerating things- I can take fish oil, CBD, vit D, I can eat and drink what I want though I stay off caffeinated coffee and no alcohol.

I've taken NAC almost daily for the past couple of years (since being in Benzo withdrawal), and I found it helpful with some of my cognitive symptoms. It seems to give my brain a little boost of clarity and energy.

I think it may have revved me up a bit when I first started taking it, so I'd recommend taking it once or twice a week to start, then working your way up to daily. I take Pure Encapsulations 600 mg every morning, 1 hour before eating. 

Im currently tapering, I have been taking NAC daily since 1/2021 as part of my full spectrum prophylactic hedge against Covid. Doesn't seem to make things worse. I also drink coffee every morning but it has a ton of half n half in it. Of course, the hard part is ahead but Im not stopping my supplements unless "all hell breaks loose" then I will re-evaluate. NAC is very beneficial.

I've tried it a few times and find it stimulating unfortunately. But no major setback from it. It's worth a try as a lot of people benefit from it. Just start low and slow

Tried 600mg of it today, mild nerves. I had it once earlier on in and acute and I don't remember anything happening from it.

When you say you found it stimulating, did it just last the one day?

Tried 600mg of it today, mild nerves. I had it once earlier on in and acute and I don't remember anything happening from it.

When you say you found it stimulating, did it just last the one day?

Yeah, just revved my symptoms up for a few hours really and didn't sleep that well

If you're open, wait a couple of days and then try again. My body got used to it after a few doses, and it is a really beneficial supplement. Good luck!