Antidepressants causing low thyroid function

[...]

Topic:reduce antidepressants first cos of endocrinolog problems .

I have adrenals and thyroid not working properly and I take cortisone 20mg a day and 50 mcg of levotiroxine. The endocrinologist wrote that she thought the use of antidepressants in particular could have worsened the THYROID problem.  She didn't mention problems with benzos and thyroid.

I started my valium crossover a month  ago and all going well esp with magnesium.

I do have an appt with her in a month s but I wonder if anyone else knows about the connection between low functioning thyroid and antidepressants.

Thank you

I have read it in a paper coming with lorazepam when I took it and my experience is that antidepressants and Benzos actually weaken thyroid and adrenal glands. Thats why in my case the result was also osteoporosis. In my eyes it does not matter what to taper first. I am sorry you are experiencing all this, too. However, when I was free of all meds of that kind I could fix a lot with supplements, diet and hormonal substitution, what I could not do while taking these meds.

Thank you so much. How much % did you decrease with anti depressant? I m at 6 mg of anti depressant . Could you send me the papers you read regarding this link? I also have arthritis.