Author Topic: threw my back out today feeling pretty down and in alot of pain  (Read 995 times)

[Buddie]

threw my back out today feeling pretty down and in alot of pain
« on: February 19, 2022, 03:12:30 am »
i lifted something heavy and when i went to sent it down i bent over from the waist and my mid back spasm-ed and i collapsed to the ground my mom had to help me up   as far as i can tell its my thoracic spine   thats the middle back...  it goes all the way across my back   and i am have chest pain as well.....   need someone to chat with or make me feel like i am ok....... ive been resting and icing but still in pain alot of discomfort   i am terrified to take any pills
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: threw my back out today feeling pretty down and in alot of pain
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2022, 11:14:50 pm »
I'm sorry to hear you threw your back out, I hate it when that happens, and you really don't need this on top of everything else.  What else are you doing for the pain, do you have a tens unit you could help distract with, are you using heat too? 
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2022, 06:54:04 pm »
thanks [...]...... no on the tens unit   ........  i have been icing  and stretching and resting  today is day 3.. i may try n go see my chiropractor this week  all though  it a huge challenge because of the agoraphobia

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2022, 01:41:14 am »
thanks [...]...... no on the tens unit   ........  i have been icing  and stretching and resting  today is day 3.. i may try n go see my chiropractor this week  all though  it a huge challenge because of the agoraphobia

I'm in your same spot

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2022, 06:50:34 am »
sorry to hear that i am going to try n get to the chiropractor this upcoming week  because the back pain is still present and has cause other issues like indigestion and gerd   which i rarely ever get  i think it has to be where my back is hurt because its my left side right behind my stomach