How to continue taper

[ri...]

I’m at 4 mg of Valium after reinstating last July to .5 of Klonopin. My symptoms became too severe after I jumped. This is my fourth attempt to get off the benzo. I’ve been reducing about 1 mg per month. Do you think it would be good to try liquid Valium, or continue at about .5 to 1mg reductions per month? I’m not sure how my body would handle the crossover to liquid and a different manufacturer, nor do I know if the unevenness in cutting the pill causes problems. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi Rt, how has your taper been going so far? I would say that if it’s going well stay with it. I tapered down from 3 mg Ativan last year then crossed to 3.5 Valium. I started at .25 every 2 weeks then started .25 every week since Jan. I still get sxs but manageable so far. I still feel crappy but nevertheless really felt good so I’m just continuing unless it gets less manageable. I’ve heard it gets harder at the lower doses. It did on the Ativan. So listen to your body and journal your symptoms.

I tried the pharmacy liquid for a week and it made me nauseas. So I went back to cutting tablets. It’s worth a try if you can handle it, makes tapering much easier.  It I recommend trialing it for a week or 2 while holding your taper to make sure you can adjust to it.

I may try a compound pharmacy liquid my doc ordered if cutting gets too hard

Hope this helps

Joeb