Is Sun discontinuing their ODT's?

[go...]

I prefer Sun's .125 mg clonazepam ODT because it comes in a regular bottle and I can cut them in half. My local CVS tried to order them but are being told they're now unavailable.

Is there another chain that uses Sun? Or another manufacturer that doesn't use the blister pack?

As of the date/time of this post, Sun clonazepam ODTs are not listed as discontinued or in shortage according to the FDA Drug Shortages database.  Have you tried contacting other pharmacies in your area?  Or, calling Sun Pharma (see contact info link below)?

According to DailyMed, all of the other manufacturers of clonazepam ODTs (Alembic, Teva, Par) use blister packs.

Link:

Sun Pharma USA

https://sunpharma.com/usa/

As of the date/time of this post, Sun clonazepam ODTs are not listed as discontinued or in shortage according to the FDA Drug Shortages database.  Have you tried contacting other pharmacies in your area?  Or, calling Sun Pharma (see contact info link below)?

It's a holiday weekend but I was cautioned by another CVS that calling and asking for a specific brand could get me "red flagged"? Not sure what that means.

Been through this before. Teva discontinued and then restarted? Actavis discontinued their generic.

From experience, a discontinuation usually starts by not being able to order it. The press releases and databases are usually the last thing to be updated.

Most people don't care because their bodies are not super sensitive, so switching generics is no big deal.