Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome......

[da...]

Hi

My symptoms mimic that of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. The sore throat, flu like symptoms, extreme exhaustion, physical exercise destroys me.....

Now I'm certain that this is valium withdrawal BUT can anyone comment on how withdrawal mimic an autoimmune disorder?

My doctor insists that valium withdrawal is not a thing....but we all know IT IS

PS: I don't get the anxiety others talk about here. Extreme exhaustion, dizzy, headache, extreme depression.

thank you all...

I don't get the anxiety or insomnia as others do either. My symptoms are more like fibromyalgia -- and CFS as you mentioned. I'm so very tired, fatigued, drained: all of that. I wake up at 11am and am down in bed by 7pm, feeling like death. I wake up feeling as if I haven't been hit by a truck -- what a miserable existence....

I'm at 3mgs down from 15mgs. But it's been 22 months and life is miserable most times. I do have windows but I started using finasteride in December because about a year and a half ago, my hair started falling out. I always had thick hair, and out of nowhere, my crown thins the most but overall it's thinner.. inflammation

So I'll have to stop the finasteride because it's a hormone and I'm getting worse I think....

I cannot focus at work. I'm missing so much time....I'm in a union and I'll have to go on sick leave. I cannot think anymore..

Where are you at in your withdrawal?

I'm at 3mgs down from 15mgs. But it's been 22 months and life is miserable most times. I do have windows but I started using finasteride in December because about a year and a half ago, my hair started falling out. I always had thick hair, and out of nowhere, my crown thins the most but overall it's thinner.. inflammation

So I'll have to stop the finasteride because it's a hormone and I'm getting worse I think....

I cannot focus at work. I'm missing so much time....I'm in a union and I'll have to go on sick leave. I cannot think anymore..

Where are you at in your withdrawal?

I'm at .27mg of klonopin. I was much lower at one point but I had to updose to become functional again. I just couldn't be bedridden. But I regret updosing. It caused further kindling. I should have just pushed through to the end. I was at .15mg when I updosed. I'm currently on disability for this: I'm in my late 30s. I know that if I ever finish this taper, I won't need to be on disability anymore, but it's going to take me a few more years to get off this amount. Every drop causes problems now.

Withdrawal definitely causes hair trouble for people. I know someone who went entirely bald during his taper. How will you get off the last amount that you're on?

I'm on effexor as well: a whopping 300mgs per day. I went up from 225 to 300 in November and it helped immensely. But I started finasteride in mid December and this seems to have put me back over the edge....

I think I will be able to stay at work if I level out. If not my psychiatrist will put me on paid leave for my bi-polar BUT neither she nor my MD believe it's valium related. He says get off and I'll be better. She says take more and I'll be better.... there's nothing that they can do regardless....but my job requires intense focus and I cannot maintain focus without becoming exhausted, dizzy, panicked. In 2015 I was a competitive athlete, married, had the life....lost all that but I think in two years I'll be off this and doing better

Can I ask if your doctor validates your experience and put you off for withdrawal or something else? I know I have withdrawal induced chronic fatigue syndrome....and at least there's a little bit of recognition in that .. validation even

I'll keep cutting But for now I'm doing a long hold. I was down to 2.25 Mg last September but it broke me...

I'm on effexor as well: a whopping 300mgs per day. I went up from 225 to 300 in November and it helped immensely. But I started finasteride in mid December and this seems to have put me back over the edge....

I think I will be able to stay at work if I level out. If not my psychiatrist will put me on paid leave for my bi-polar BUT neither she nor my MD believe it's valium related. He says get off and I'll be better. She says take more and I'll be better.... there's nothing that they can do regardless....but my job requires intense focus and I cannot maintain focus without becoming exhausted, dizzy, panicked. In 2015 I was a competitive athlete, married, had the life....lost all that but I think in two years I'll be off this and doing better

Can I ask if your doctor validates your experience and put you off for withdrawal or something else? I know I have withdrawal induced chronic fatigue syndrome....and at least there's a little bit of recognition in that .. validation even

I'll keep cutting But for now I'm doing a long hold. I was down to 2.25 Mg last September but it broke me...

You estimate two years to get off the last amount you're on? Same for me -- about 2-3 years. It's crazy to think how long it's going to take for this low amount.... My doctors do not validate my beliefs in pharmaceutical injury from benzos and instead have diagnosed me with a psychological disorder, as in, I'm imagining my side effects. It's laughable, but hey, whatever gets me disability in order to get through this. I do have the diagnosis of Fibromyalgia and CFS but they don't believe it's benzo induced -- though just as you, I had no health problems pre-benzo life.

Yes I estimate another 2 years to come off last 3mgs. Yes we fortunate to get a diagnosis that allows for disability, incredibly fortunate. Life on benzos is flat. I'll suffer for years of it means I can live again with energy, excitement, passion, and stability....

I really hope you can get to pre-benzo. I pray you can. I don't think my doctor will endorse chronic fatigue or benzo withdrawal. But I'm blessed to have a psychiatrist and work insurance that can pay me...

I really want to get back to work though...two weeks ago I was working. Then the flu...o tested negative for Covid but I'm still feeling exhausted, sore, anxious. I've stopped finasteride too.... at 44 I prided myself in a full head of hair...haha...it's taken a hit in the last year...👦✂️👴

Oh well, let's keep fighting the good fight!

they can  mimic chronic fatigue syndrome because peripheral benzo receptors  are on the cells energy supply

mitochondria    and a whole host of other places  but the chronic fatigue would most likely point to mitochondria

they can  mimic chronic fatigue syndrome because peripheral benzo receptors  are on the cells energy supply

mitochondria    and a whole host of other places  but the chronic fatigue would most likely point to mitochondria

That's interesting biological information. Do you remember where you heard about this? I like to learn more about how it all works so that I understand what's happening to me.

Oh, yes! I have been meaning to watch that -- just started it last night. It's sad how there are not many doctors in the audience, though it has quite a bit of views on YouTube which is good.

Thank you: I watched her and as well as the doctor. Very encouraging video. Any thoughts Jumpman on how to lessen the effects of this cut?

not sure what you mean by the effects of the cut  if your talking about taper ...... my advice would be very slowly  a lot of people on here know to go slow... but what there not understanding is to keep a smooth a slow and steady blood concentration level as you decline .....  that is why dr heather ashton preferred to switch everyone over to Valium because the half life was the longest i think 200 hours of something like that.... so when your own a different benzo with a shorter half life you have to dose more often to keep the blood concentration at a smooth decline