YouTube videos from a therapist in benzo WD

[Tr...]

Fruity yes her voice is very soothing.  I'm glad the videos are helping they are me too.

We can use all the support we can get!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Di...]

• [Bl...]

• [Tr...]

• [so...]

Thanks Diane - anxiety is one that comes and goes for me. When it’s the main problem it is so exhausting. I’ve been trying to get out and do more and it truly does help. I make myself go to one yoga class a week. Sometimes I cry all the way through it, other times it’s like a breakthrough to a new attitude and it changes everything. The bigger pool idea makes sense, and it works for me some days. Other days, no chance I’m going out 😂

Thanks Diane - anxiety is one that comes and goes for me. When it’s the main problem it is so exhausting. I’ve been trying to get out and do more and it truly does help. I make myself go to one yoga class a week. Sometimes I cry all the way through it, other times it’s like a breakthrough to a new attitude and it changes everything. The bigger pool idea makes sense, and it works for me some days. Other days, no chance I’m going out 😂

Hi Tree,

You're welcome.  I am so glad Jennifer is posting videos they have been so helpful.  So thankful you don't have to deal with anxiety every day though I know other symptoms are probably just as bad.  Its great that you go to yoga I think making yourself get out is a good thing  I just haven't gotten that far yet...if I don't have to leave the house I don't but I do know it helps.  I lost my mother last May I was basically her care taker but after she passed I didn't have to go anywhere so I just stopped and its not been good.  I am so sorry that sometimes you cry through yoga bless your heart but at least you are trying and hooray for the breakthroughs on other days.  You have come a long way on this journey.

Sending you hugs and prayers ❤🙏

• 2 weeks later...

Jen has posted a video called “Benzo Withdrawal: A Message of Hope”

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve searched for “benzo WD hope” on YouTube.

Finally the “it’s going to be okay” video I’ve been waiting for 😬😂

Jen has posted a video called “Benzo Withdrawal: A Message of Hope”

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve searched for “benzo WD hope” on YouTube.

Finally the “it’s going to be okay” video I’ve been waiting for 😬😂

Hi Tree,

Yes it was a very good video. 😊

[e0...]

They’re awesome!

I found her too, by accident.

Haven’t listened to all of them yet.

Soon.

Hang on guys.

Winnie

Not bad, she waffles a lot. We all must realise that we have not been made aware of the consequences of taking these drugs otherwise big pharmas would not make their huge profits. They dont give a shit about peoples welfare, only money

Hey Y'all, Did you see that this therapist is posting some general support videos in addition to the Benzo withdrawal support videos.  Pretty good stuff!

Thanks so much Treelover and DianeDeeDee for sharing these videos!  I just now discovered this thread.  So glad I found it.  I’ve only watched one so far.  Excellent!

• 4 weeks later...
Hey all, Have you seen this therapist's latest post?  It's about Benzo withdrawal patients being diagnosed with Functional Neurological Disorder.  This happened to a friend of mine and she ended up seeking a different therapist.  For her, anyway, it was the right decision and she's finally getting some help more focused on the problem.

[e0...]

I'm not sure I understand Blue Lion, did this diagnosis help her?

Did her new therapist with this diagnosis or did it not?

A neurologist I saw on Friday is going to diagnose me with this if she doesn't see anything on a MRI, I'm having this evening

I spoke with her on the phone for an hour and this is what she came up with.

I researched about it later and found that you cannot make the diagnosis without seeing the patient in person and rule out any other reason that could be causing it.

anyway, any info from your friend would be helpful

I'm kind of pissed at this neurologist.

thanks

Winnie

Hi Winnie,  I don't know all the details but my friend's second therapist determined that benzo withdrawal was indeed a more proper diagnosis and to let that diagnosis drive the medical and psychological treatment plan rather than a general diagnosis of FND that doesn't necessarily drive anything.  Hope that helps.

Thank you for the link.  I started mentally breaking today after a long break. I like her!  I've updosed recently too. Husband not capable of being supportive  >:(

• 2 weeks later...
[e0...]